• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  on the cusp of an extraordinary life; any.
    It has been so long. Really, really it has. I have looked and seen the sunrise in so many places, but none has been more beautiful than this place. And truly, truly, a breath of fresh air escapes my mouth as I take in the cold crisp of an early morning--the weak sun was preparing to give way to winter, and I had spent the entirety of the summer months coming back home. Home. The word almost seems foreign to me now.

These lands were foreign too. The smells and the sights of something new, something I was completely unfamiliar with--and yet when asked the question, all directions pointed here. Pointed to Beqanna, and home.

I had been born here. I had been raised in the Gates to two loving parents who loved me and cherished me. Unlike so many, my childhood had been special. Ordinary.

I have always been ordinary.

I have always been content with an ordinary life. It is easier to appreciate the beauty of the world when you arent' constantly fighting over it. The way that the light plays between the trees, The red light bounding off the already red leaves as they twitch this way and that, ripping a few leaves and watching them dance their way to the ground on the breeze. Such were the beautiful, minimal things in life.

Another full chest of air rises and falls from my slender breast, and I am back home again. It has been so long. 

So much has changed. So much possibility.

And perhaps a chance at an extraordinary life.