• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out in the Depths {Open}
    Nothing. Nothing as far as Misty Day could see. Bare land crept around her, whispering in ear words she could never make out. Her thoughts swirled around her, once bright, but now gray and ugly. Thoughts that were no use to her, or anyone else. Where have I gone? Misty Day wondered as she breathed in the air. She felt as if the air had no scent like it used to. She remembered the early days of her prancing around in the trees, or through tall grass, no matter how much it hurt her stomach. It will never be the same. Wind blew the few patches of  icy grass around as she gazed behind her. She always dreamt of a kind soul, trotting up to her when she was down, and lifting her spirits up. She dreamt of being so happy that she could hardly keep her hooves planted on the ground. She dreamt of anything but the miserable torture that she went through everyday. The endless cycle of hoisting herself up after a horrible sleep, finding some scrawny grass to eat, searching around for somebody who wouldn't hate her, but then ending up in some place where there was nothing. She remembers the old stable, where other horses would tell her about the glories of these fields. But she always ended up in the bareland. She wanted to now be anywhere but here.
    Hearts will never be practical,
    until they can be unbreakable.
    (But I still want one.)

The Tin Man was apparently making a habit of wandering around--not that it was unusual for horses, but he liked exploring and he figured he might as well get a head start on the whole "recruit more horses for our glorious kingdom" thing.

There was a mare wandering in the field, and he trotted up with a nicker. "Hello! Are you new here?"

The Tin Man
    A voice. A voice just emerged from the land. And it wasn't her own. She swiftly turned her head around, and blew air out of her nose. "Who are you..?" she asked quietly but aggressively. She completely turned around to see the voice of the strange stallion. She didn't bother answering his other questions. He seemed too friendly. Was that common here? Misty Day realized that maybe there were other horses here. Maybe she was just too scared to go near them, but she keeps on convincing herself that she can't find them. She takes a step closer and looks him over. She circles him, sniffing him. He has other scents, not the ones she's learned at the stables, or the smell of nothingness in these lands where Misty Day has been. They were scents of adventure.
    Hearts will never be practical,
    until they can be unbreakable.
    (But I still want one.)

Well, it looked like she was one of the new horses--she smelled like stables, and she had pretty faint traces of the other lands. She'd probably come back here because she didn't know anyone yet.

"Don't worry, we're all pretty woozy when we first get here. After I got too much seawater into my system, I forgot what humans were called for about a day."

He stood patiently and let her get his scent, then cautiously stretched his head out towards her.

"I'm the Tin Man. What about you?"

The Tin Man