• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Diplomats, any
    My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see
    Taiga. He’s heard a lot about this place, of course. Hard not too when one is as friendly as young Fox, but he’s never actually been here, more’s the pity. Oh, he’s skirted around the edges in his vast and varied wanderings, but never actually set foot inside. He’d be lying if he said he hadn’t peeked a time or two, but who hasn’t? Only the dead or boring, that’s who.

Now though, he has the chance to actually visit for himself. And for a real, legitimate reason too. He is simply dying of curiosity, and dear Nymph had presented him with the perfect opportunity to assuage such curiosities. At least temporarily. I mean, there is only so much a body can see in one measly visit, but damned if he wouldn’t try.

Still, he’s trying very hard to be a good diplomat. And a good diplomat waits until he’s invited.

The trip from Tephra to Taiga is not a terribly long one, especially since he sticks relatively well to the coastal cliffs and beaches. He may or may not have wandered off a time or two to check this or that out, but no one’s here to notice but him, so who’s actually to say? He doesn’t stop to chat along the way, so really, he should at least get bonus points for that.

So, as a result, in short enough order, he is at the river separating forest from Taiga, eyeing the rippling water with a rather hairy eyeball. With a snort and a quick flick of his tail, a wide path has been solidly frozen across the water. Solid enough for him to step onto with a decided lack of caution. But then, snow and ice are his elements, and skipping across a body water he has casually frozen to provide a convenient walkway is part and parcel of that particular gift. For him, at least.

But then he is on the other side and the water is flowing freely again. And he waits. Not his greatest strength by far, patience. But he practices it nevertheless, knowing (hoping?) someone would show up very soon to relieve him of such tedium.
    Fox

Messages In This Thread
    My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Diplomats, any - by Fox - 07-02-2017, 11:56 PM