• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

idea/sorta question
    This is just kind of an idea/question in regards to herds as I know there are some folks out there missing herds:

So, I know that the existence of herds is really subject to what individual kingdoms/leaders want, but I had a thought on that. Let's say a horse did petition a leader and was granted a small piece of land in their kingdom on which to build a herd, would there be a possibility of a small sub-board (or something - that's probably the easiest though, I would imagine) attached to the kingdom for them to use? Of course, that board/those horses are subjects of the kingdom in which they settled, but then rather than having kingdom/herd posts intermingled, they could have a separate 'space' of sorts. Then, if the herd is ever disbanded, kicked out, or goes inactive, the board could archived (and potentially used again the next time something like that came up?). I'm sure there would have to be restrictions/rules regarding this, but essentially it would be subject to the whims of the kingdom/current ruler rather than established, separate pieces of land available to claim that need to be maintained in addition.

It's just a thought I've had. I know I'd be interested, but it's just hard to picture having a herd or anything similar with the current kingdom setup. Thoughts?
    I really like this idea! I miss having a few herds around and it's a tidy and neat way to add them without creating "extra" lands. I would assume challenging and stealing would still be the same too.
    Active
    Obscene || Fyr || Ciri
    Semi-Active
    Link || Bardot || Vindictive || Stendarr
    On Pause
    Ledger|| No Crosses Count || Joplin || Gryffen
    I love this idea too.
    I do too!
    Hey guys, so as we've said before, we aren't going to open up any more land boards. However, you have plenty of options to play with.

1) You can literally make a herd wherever you want, including common lands. Have at it!
    2) We'd be happy to make thread prefixes for use in the lands, so you can specify a "herd" in the land. Just PM me with it if you want and I can set that up easily. Though it won't sort the posts, it will make them nice and color coded.
    3) You can have any many rank boards on a land as you want. We've had lands with like 3 different boards for all the things happening before.
    So you could just add a "rank" board to a kingdom and make it a herd board then?
    Active
    Obscene || Fyr || Ciri
    Semi-Active
    Link || Bardot || Vindictive || Stendarr
    On Pause
    Ledger|| No Crosses Count || Joplin || Gryffen
    Ok, I'm glad I asked! The secret board idea is where I got the thought from, but I didn't realize the no extra land boards pertained to sub-board additions too, so good to know Smile

So for the prefixes, they can be color coded in addition to unique prefix text? Mostly the thought behind it was making it easier to separate any herds from kingdom business, so that could definitely work too! Are there other options for sticky threads besides announcements and important threads? If that's an option, I have thoughts percolating there, but otherwise I'll have to ruminate a bit more lol <333

ooo, more thoughts! I know you were looking at doing the secret boards, but what if they were 'other' boards (kinda like we used to have!) rather than secret boards? I mean, most folks have ponies in lots of kingdoms, so they're typically not very secret anyway, but if it were an other board instead, things like activity checks, ooc announcements, etc could be posted there. And that might leave open the option of herds posting there too if they wanted to keep things separate (so maybe option of coded threads or other board?). And then those boards might see a lot more use too!
    The prefixes are custom CSS, so I can basically do whatever. Which does not mean I will be coding crazy things, but they can be color coded/have different text, etc.

There aren't other sticky thread options than what we have currently.

Given that secret boards aren't really of interest, I'm going to extrapolate from that and guess that people wouldn't really use "other" boards either. It just sort of sounds like a herd board with some random other things thrown in. At this point, assume no more boards will be added, but we can work with what you guys already have.
    Hmm, ok, sounds good. Mostly the thought was for the sake of organization I suppose. The color coding should work nicely too (my organizational OCD is just kicking in a little I guess, lol)

Thank you for looking into it!