• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

To Let it Show | Open | {Circinae}
    oh, my love, don't forsake me. take what the water gave me ..

Kind as ever, Jah’s comforting words soothe the rasping cough and rouse a particularly warm smile on Circinae’s lips. “I’m fine, just not very smart sometimes.” The pony mare laughs, turning easily with her companion to the comforting arms of redwood boughs. They walk peacefully, neither creature nor nature disturbing their quiet countenance in each other and, every so often, the two glide against each other as fond sisters might - or, as lovers are inclined occasionally to do. Circinae had spent nearly two years without a romantic counterpart to stoke the fires of desire and before that, her attempts had been solely returned by Canaan. He had taken her first and for that, her loyalty to him was unending, regardless of absence.

But, it didn’t stop her from savoring every word that came from Jah’s mouth, or from adoring the light in her rust-colored friend’s coat that could only be dimmed by the light in her eyes. In a selfish sort of way she reasons that fate had returned … what was her name again? The little red filly from her younger years, Raeanne. Circy’s heart leaps into her throat at the remembrance of that name, chides herself inwardly that she could have forgotten. Had it really been so long since those days?

Time is a funny sort of thing. “Goodess, it sounds like you’ve been a busy little worker bee, Jah-Lilah.” Circinae comments, green head tilting gently to the side as she appraised her vagabond friend with an impressed, bright blue eye. The two sink lower into the earth, down a sloping incline and over the tangle of countless roots and then back up again, topping the miniature valley’s rise with heads low to the earth and forehooves digging into the hard ground. Not much farther from here. “Oh, Canaan.” She recalls, her soul dimming at the mention of him.

“He’s been gone for some time now.” The wolf-mare murmurs placidly. So long now, in fact, that her endearing hope of his return had begun to sound like embarrassment when she explained it to others. Could they all see something she simply refused to believe? A few hundred meters more and then the girls find themselves in a particularly clean-cut area of Taiga. Here, the ground slopes without hurry towards the beach, though from their position it remains unseen. The smell, the sound, however, are fresh in the air and grey moss has begun to pepper the branches of low-hanging trees. “But you’re here now, and that’s what matters.” She quips, slowing to a halt and unfurling a brilliant smile for Jah’s sake.

No need for tears. She wasn’t some lovesick pup. “Only a broken-hearted wolf.” Her conscious whispers. The cry of a gull rings out from somewhere beyond the cover of trees and Circinae snaps back to the present. “Before I show and tell, you must promise to keep it’s location a secret. Promise me!” She urges, the flat of her forehead bumping roughly against Jah’s neck. “I’ve found the best spot in this entire Kingdom, searched for it a long time. I can’t have other shifters hearing about it and wanting to move in.” Circy chuckles, excitement brimming over her previous sadness.

Who cares if she was a broken-hearted wolf? They made the best songs anyways.

Circinae

Messages In This Thread
    To Let it Show | Open | {Circinae} - by Jah-Lilah - 07-05-2017, 05:16 PM
    RE: To Let it Show | Open | {Circinae} - by Circinae - 07-08-2017, 03:57 PM
    RE: To Let it Show | Open | {Circinae} - by Circinae - 07-17-2017, 11:03 AM
    RE: To Let it Show | Open | {Circinae} - by Circinae - 07-27-2017, 09:48 AM
    RE: To Let it Show | Open | {Circinae} - by Circinae - 08-17-2017, 09:33 AM