• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  You make my heart beat like the rain;

.Terran.

I really had no intentions of stopping. Just a break, I’d told myself, just a quick flight and then back to business. I hadn’t even bothered to venture out west, just kept to the Forest and then circled about lazily before dropping into a lower shift of wind. From there I’d skimmed into visibility, no longer hidden by the hazy clouds of winter, and soared haphazardly over the mingling creatures out in the Field. Nothing strikes my interest at first; I’m just enjoying the way the wind feels over my gilded feathers as they beat against my sides, when a passing glance catches the glimmer of something silky and dark down below me.

It’s the reflection of scales and, as I circle lower to the earth, they belong to a stallion who happens to be speaking to an equally as dark mare. There’s three of them altogether and I know that I should probably just drift away and head home but my more inquisitive nature takes the reigns and sends me into a lazy spiral that lands me close to where they’ve gathered. I preen, only for a second to fix the misplaced feathers on my back, and then tuck my four wings close against each other as I approach - a nonchalant smile brightening my pale face.

“Sorry for the intrusion, I know I’m a little late to this gathering -” I begin, waiting for the mare’s question to tip into silence first. “- but I understand you’re looking for a place to go?” I probe while my warm, amber eyes dart around the trio. I end by holding the black mare’s gaze, that charming smile of mine deepening for a moment while I explain, “I’m Terran, and I’m sort of in the market for a permanent home myself, been looking around.” I quip, settling into a halt somewhere on the borderline of close but not too close.

“I just figured I wouldn’t go there … alone, persay. I’d like to have a herd of my own, close knit family unit of sorts.” I finish, winded but unwilling to draw out my reasons for stopping. Better to get to the heart of matter, in my opinion, rather than fleshing it out into unnecessary banter. “Is that something you might be interested in … ?” I finish, leaving the sentence open for anyone else to pick it up, even though my eyes haven’t left the enthralling ebony girl.

I want to live, I want to give, I'm a miner for a heart of gold

ooc: just gonna slip a lil' Terran in here right quick like, don't mind me :3

Messages In This Thread
    You make my heart beat like the rain; - by Nova Star - 07-06-2017, 06:05 AM
    RE: You make my heart beat like the rain; - by Nova Star - 07-06-2017, 12:23 PM
    RE: You make my heart beat like the rain; - by Terran - 07-06-2017, 12:51 PM