• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you can have my isolation. || warrick, amet & nayl
    you can have my isolation,
    you can have the hate that it brings.
      He is does not flinch from the scathing tone she inevitably takes - his face is a blank slate; stoicism settled into place though his mind is rampant with the roiling churn of his own thoughts. She does not give her title, but it is more than evident in her composure and her hurried, haughty words that she perceives herself to be of immense importance - and he has a difficult time suppressing an eyeroll. Quietly, the heft of his weight is shifted from one leg and to the other, quiet but attentive while she berated him, all the while forming a knot of discontent within the pit of his belly.

She is impulsive, and quick to anger - weaknesses of hers, disturbing an otherwise intense and powerful image she is so keen to portray. There is a flickering flame in the darkness of her gaze, but the fiery inferno within him is burning brighter, kept at bay by his willful mind alone. There is a glimmer of fire erupting over his skin, but it is gone as quickly as it had come, suppressed, though his anger is slowly rising like a bitter, acrid bile within the confinement of his throat.

He does not speak, not yet - he can still feel the fury of his fire simmering within, but it is far quieter than it usually is, and he can only assume that nihilism is at play - and there is a part of him that is soothed by it. The heavy lead of his dark, crimson gaze glances from the scaled King to his vociferous counterpart, but he does not humor her accusation - he would cause no harm, and he, himself, had taken no part in the carnage that lay before him. At least he can now only hear the occasional fragment from the fiery-tempered Molotov, and her foul tongue. It is a small reprieve.

”You should do well to hold your tongue, Nayl of Nerine - I have come to see the extent of the damage, and to see what I can do to have it taken care of. I cannot say that many other leaders would have done the same.” His voice rises above the tension; a rumbling baritone speaking of the darkness lurking within. ”Your anger is misplaced. Critiquing my child-rearing will get you nowhere; my son is an adult but misguided. I have taken him beneath my wing, and I came to offer transparency and honesty.”

And then, at last, the heat and brimstone of his intense stare is boring into the amber gaze of Amet, attentively listening to him as his reservations are spoken aloud. The thickness of his neck dips towards the soft soil and the remnants of dead, charred vegetation - a solemn nod; a confirmation of understanding.

”I can assure you that Tangerine will be granted safe passage into Tephra, and she and her children will be safe, as will any of Hyaline that desire to travel to our island. I will see to it that Hyaline is restored to its former glory,” and his mind is adrift, momentarily thinking of the fervent touch and mysterious prowess of Reagan - he would seek her out, and his heart has skipped a beat at the very thought. ”and I will come to you when I have found a solution. My son will cause no further harm; he made a dangerous and impetuous decision but he will be held accountable.”

A pause, and then, flickering between Nayl and Amet, though his words are meant only for the dragon King, with whom his respect for is blossoming with each passing moment. ”I appreciate your time, Amet, and Warrick and I will seek you out again soon enough.”
    you can have my absence of faith,
    you can have my everything.
    OFFSPRING

@[Nayl] @[Molotov] @[Amet] @[Warrick]