• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you can have my isolation. || warrick, amet & nayl
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
    Levi. Maugrim. Iset…

Their names start listing off in her mind again.

Deathwish. Kolera. Iset…

The young girl’s name is more prominent, poisonous barbs stabbing into Nayl’s memory as her eyes roughly grate across the faces of the strangers. Her gaze burns with the fire that slithers along Offspring’s backside, her jaw clenching tightly in both thoughtfulness and frustration. They are likely wondering who she is, why she is here, but she doesn’t indulge them just yet. Her focus is still on the devastation that unravels behind her, but she still remains wary of them.

Silence.

She enjoys it briefly until Warrick speaks, his tone like a balm across her mildly scraping tone. Nayl regards him, nodding, and while her poise eases slightly, she doesn’t entirely relax. Her mind is reeling while they wait for the others to arrive, knowing well that Amet will be here soon. A young king, he is, and so she coolly listens to him when he eventually joins them. Before he speaks to the group, however, she can feel his presence hover above her and somewhat suppress her magic. Beneath her unruly forelock, Nayl’s eyes narrow. Although she has no need to bring anything to life, her mind is suddenly feeling more exposed than it had. The walls that protect her consciousness crumble and weaken enough for gaps to break though. A shudder crawls along her skin, but her face remains untouched by the aggravation of the negation.

”Nayl,” she finally says to the obsidian male, ”of Nerine.” She doesn’t elaborate, not feeling the necessity for titles or arrogance. There are more pressing matters than ranks which Offspring seemingly sides with as he doesn’t mention exactly what he is either.

The mood of the group dims. They’ve come to offer condolences, but unfortunately, that won’t repair the damage. Their mirrored sorrows won’t resurrect the fish in the pond or regrow the grass and trees. ”Thank you,” she quietly says because there is not more she can add until she hears one of the names that has been burned deeply into her memory. Levi. It claws into her, reminding her. A deadly quiet hushes her as she listens, her eyes blazing beneath their curtain of hair. Her breath catches in her throat and her heart slams against her ribcage. Anger pours into her soul and ravages almost every peaceful thought she had. ”Levi,” she repeats aloud in a voice lacking any sympathy, ”your son…” The corded muscles in her jaws coil beneath her taut skin. ”There seemed to have been a flaw in your child rearing. This wasn’t just an ‘oops.’ He helped destroy an entire kingdom,” the ferocity is boiling just below the surface, but she keeps it tethered down just enough, suppressing the rage that nips at her heels. ”So, for helping to burn down a harmless kingdom, he gets a damn slap on the hand and a ‘naughty boy’?” A brow lifts and an exasperated sigh escapes her before turning her attention to Amet while still trying to fend off the greater bulk of her anger.

queen of nerine
    daughter of covet & myrina

Messages In This Thread
    you can have my isolation. || warrick, amet & nayl - by Offspring - 07-06-2017, 08:52 AM
    RE: you can have my isolation. || warrick, amet & nayl - by Offspring - 07-08-2017, 03:09 PM
    RE: you can have my isolation. || warrick, amet & nayl - by Nayl - 07-12-2017, 08:44 PM
    RE: you can have my isolation. || warrick, amet & nayl - by Offspring - 07-30-2017, 11:25 AM