• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Coat color question
    Crevan is labeled "Amber Champagne" with Navy mane/tail, I'm wondering if that includes his points?

Since amber champagne is a dilution of the Bay coat, it turns what would be black to chocolate - Mane, tail, points? Or am I missing something because of his specified nCh genetics? Which leads me to my next question: What's the difference between ChCh and nCh?

His color genetics are: Ee/aa/nCh

Also, I remember it being mentioned somewhere before how you guys determine 'rainbow' ponies color if they don't have a specific pattern but I've forgotten - so since Circy is "forest green w/navy mane and tail" do you guys simply label her as a black horse, or would she be considered bay?
    -Sporadic-
    Apothica • Tiberios
    Champagne (unlike some dilutes) affects all color pigment on a horse.
    A heterozygous amber champagne (i.e. bay + 1 copy of champagne) will have their black hair diluted to brown, and their brown diluted to a lighter tan. An additional champagne gene would even further lighten the already dark brown/light brown coloration.

With the genetics Ee/aa/nCh however, Crevan would be a classic champagne (black + champagne) and not an amber champagne. His entire coat would be a uniform brown color. (google images is helpful!). We differentiate between mane/tail coloration and point coloration, so if his stats specifically say 'navy blue mane and tail' that would not include his points (legs & muzzle).

As for coat inheritance, we roll for it. There's a method that takes both parental colors into account that we've tweaked going forward from the next breeding season, so consider it a *~*surprise*~*
    Ooooo! Thank you! I suppose this information needs to be updated on my end, because that's the color he was given when he was rolled > HERE

So that is where my confusion came from then! Heart
    -Sporadic-
    Apothica • Tiberios