• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

{Open} The Thunder of Young Hooves in the Winter
    She shudders slightly, and curves her neck. Then laughs nervously, and smiles slightly. "I-uh, I'm not sure right now. I'll wait to pick a place to go."
    Then her smile breaks into a grin, as she looks up at the waterfall. She rears up and pummels the air with her front hooves, and when they reach the ground again she sprints into the water,water spurting out from under her hooves. She ends the sprint in a leap and sends a cascade into the air. She grins at Tangerine, her mane dripping over her eyes and neck. Her eyes gleamed from under her dark mane as she looks at Tangerine. "Come on in!" She shouted. Her front half floated in the water, her ankle-wrists bent down, the top of her joint open to the air. Her back hooves were planted on the pebble-y sand shifting her weight slightly.
    tangerine
    face to the sun

Tangerine watches the filly frolick with a motherly smile on her face. She thinks of her own twins who sleep curled together in her belly. But Tang waits for the Rubbles energetic play to calm before wading up to her ankles, the icy water numbs her hooves within minutes turning the white hairs translucent, revieling the pink skin below.

"You don't ever have to decide on a home if you don't want to. There are plenty of wanderers here." But Tangerine can't help but look over her shoulder in the direction of the open field. "But this place, The Field, is not a place to live. Here if a stallion who wants to claim you for his kingdom or his herd comes along there isn't much you can do to stop him." Her eyes find those of Rubble, and Tang hopes she understands. "Most stallions would never do such a thing, but I can't say all that for all of them sadly." She admired the girl's free spirit and resilience after experiencing such a traumatic event and she doesn't want more harm to befall the girl.
    >
    @[Rubble]
    Her smile falls slightly, and she walks forwards to where she could stand with the water at her elbows. She tilted her head slightly, her eyes narrowed as she thought over what the mare was saying. After a few moments she nodded her head slowly.
    "You're right." She nodded again. "Thank you." She thought for a while again. A moment of silence permiating the air. Then her face broke into a huge grin. "Hyaline sounds like a nice place." She pattered her feet in the water, sloshing it around so it lapped up towards her shoulders.
    "It sounds like a such nice place! It sounds so pretty!! Lakes and mountains. I like mountains. Mountains are one of my favorite places. I really like water, and lakes. Lakes are one of my favorite thing." She smiled again and planted her front hoof, tilted her head back slightly. "Then it's settled.to me. I want to come with you."
    tangerine
    face to the sun

Tang's worried look melts away as Rubble seems to perfectly understand her. She laughs with the girl as she mentions all the things she loves, Tang happened to love many of the same things. "Well, then I can say with confidence that you will Love Hyaline! The lake is as clear as the sky, you can see fish swimming far down near the bottom. And if you decide you only want to stay a little while, no one will stop an adventurous soul from leaving." Tang knew that well enough from experience. She had never stayed in one place for long and Amet never gave her any grief for her wild tendencies. 

"The journey isn't too long, we can get started whenever you are ready." Tang takes a long drink of the icy water before turning to walk up the pebbly bank ready to put The Field behind her but happy to not have to make the journey home alone. She can almost smell the wild mountain air.  "We should reach the mountains by tomorrow afternoon, and then you will have a few weeks of exploring to do." But her mind is already galloping towards the summits of Hyaline. 

@[Rubble] So now you can post a thread with Rubble in Hyaline or reply to an open thread there (There is one by Fiatio) and I will make sure Tang gives her an introduction <3
    (Gotcha!)