• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll be there to save the day; Kerberos

The night is dark...
    Winter had come to the mainland. It was visible in the heavy clouds that hung over portions of it, also in the way the wind over and around the island was a little unstable. The muscles along my back and my sides, even into my chest were all straining with the extra work that they had to do to keep me level in the sky. Hell, not even level, more like just in the sky. I banked and curled around back to the island, the wind over the sea unpredictable during the winter, I had come to realize.

I tuck my wings to my side, diving straight towards the water just off the beach of the island. I let myself plummet, smiling with the feeling of falling, with the way that the wind tangled my mane. I close my eyes and will the magic that had returned back to me until my body shrinks and I drag my webbed feet through the water as my wings snap back open. I flap almost lazily until I get to the beach before I change my back, my hooves stepping through the sand.

I really ought to find Kerberos and just tell him how I was feeling, but feelings scared the shit out of me sometimes. At least ones like this, ones where my stomach fluttered every time I saw him. Where I couldn’t help but follow the way he moved with my eyes or lean into him now and again just to feel his warmth. I sighed softly, feeling a little bit stupid. It wasn’t even like he liked me back, there hadn’t been anything other that that stupid sisterly affection in the way we talked or hung out.

Or rather, at least nothing that stood out more than before.

I moved along the beach, lost in my musings. I followed the beach around almost absentmindedly but some part of me was always aware of the surroundings, of where I was on the island all what was going on around me. The butterflies come to life in my belly when I see him lingering there on the sands, but I continue towards him.

“Hey Kerberos.” I say when I finally get close enough.
    ...and full of terrors.

Messages In This Thread
    I'll be there to save the day; Kerberos - by Roma - 07-09-2017, 03:40 PM