• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'll be there to save the day; Kerberos

The night is dark...
    I shrug slightly, brushing off the conversation about wings. It wasn’t ever something that I had really wanted but it was sure handy. I was beginning to love it, my muscles powering me through the air and the wind surging across my body. Closing my wings to my sides and then only snapping them open at the last minute with my hooves leaving trails in the water. I used them daily, strengthened up muscles I hadn’t ever had before. “I find it’s a lot easier to get from place to place nowadays.” I smile a bit, leaning more into his shoulder until our bodies aligned and touched all the way back to our haunches.

“Not good.” Flesh and lightning weren’t exactly friends. “I’m going to guess and say that it hasn’t hit you yet, since you are standing next to me, but how you think that would work?” I nod out to the lightning again, my golden eyes turning back to his. “Or is it different for you?” My lips touching the hollow of his neck, just behind his head a small smile curling my lips.

His lips touch my hair, a small nudge to my neck. I lean into his touch without thinking about it. “I’m doing well, Kerberos.” I say, a small breath of air expelling on my last breath and my eyes dip from his down to his lips briefly. I was toeing the line, but it was so easy, almost so natural to be with him like this. It shook me a little, on the days that I thought about it, when his body touched mine. My heart gives a lurch.

“It’s easier when I have others to love.” My gaze lingers briefly on his and then I turn to look back out over the water, to where the lightning met the water. “I’m glad to have found you and Kali, she’s an incredible little girl.” Our last conversation causing me to shift away slightly. I move away from him, the unsettled feeling in my stomach not going away, even when I stepped closer to the water, wondered if the entire ocean was a conduit for the electricity when the lightning struck it. I stepped into it, until my hooves were covered and sighed.

“Kerberos?” I turn to look at him over my shoulder. “How well do you know everyone on this island?” And while I wanted this to be a special little meeting just for us, the conversation with Kali laid heavy on my heart.
    ...and full of terrors.

Messages In This Thread
    I'll be there to save the day; Kerberos - by Roma - 07-09-2017, 03:40 PM
    RE: I'll be there to save the day; Kerberos - by Roma - 07-28-2017, 06:27 PM