• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Gotta love me now.... Or never [Dovev]

Where she had wandered last got her a good tongue lashing.  Her intentions were to never cause drama but it was an emotion that seemed to cripple her very existence.  She had been spared from the ominous stallions fury by another.  The blood bay was sensible, kind, a knight in shining armor if you will.  He had given her a scenic tour of the kingdom and she had enjoyed herself very much.  Alas she could not stay there.  The leader of the land had made his feelings clear.  She in return promised her leave, so she did.  All good things must come to an end so when the sun had set behind the beaches of Tephra she excused herself.  Bid Nymphetamine farewell and returned to solitary existence.

As she exited the volcanic islands, wandering a familiar path towards the woods, her world caved in around her.  A darkness laid thick over her, almost crushing her petite frame.  She gasped for air as a snarl came from behind her.  With as much swiftness she could have she made a choice... The wrong choice as always.  Going near the mountain landed her in clouds of poisoned gas.  Her flesh boiled and skin bubbled.  Mainly appearing on her nape since her gown had protected the rest of her.  The lumps burned like the summer sun.  She decided this world was just as cruel as her last...

Alone again, a portal spat her back out. Bruised and beaten...

The usual sparkle was faded from her navy eyes - replaced by agony - as she traversed across fields and forests.  They did not scan for purpose, there was none to be had.  A pseudo-raincloud followed overhead.  Pouring doubt into her heart and soul...

It was a long trip - days even - before she came into the unfamiliar land.  There were many faces rushing about, none paying her any mind so she figured it was another meeting ground.  She was not objective to meeting new faces nor afraid.  Remembering her run-ins with locals.  One specifically came to mind every so often.  The bone plated stallion that had avoided giving his name and declined her offer of friendship.  He seemed troubled on both occasions but for a brief moment they - in their own way - had consoled one another.  She did not regret a moment of their time spent together.  She only wished she could have done more...

Today was a new day.  Gold flecked eyes lifted to view the happenings around her.  Carmel ears swiveled in the tangles of her milky forelock.  The winters chill crept under the mesh of feathers coating her back and clinging to her sides.  It's earthy toned plumage glistened against the wintery scenery.  She remembered how he touched them, so gentle.  Their wispy edges caressed by his armor plated face.  She may have smiled just then.  In her day dreaming she hadn't seen the black figure nearing.  Or had she just thought it was that... A dream.  He was right there before her and if he had not spoke she may have not snapped back to reality so quickly...

She wanted to run and hide her hideous blistered self.  Dive into a pond of mud and scum cuz honestly that's where she felt she belonged.  She was not worthy of being loved - liked even - though it was silly to think he would... Could love her.  Her dished face lowered and eyes fell from him.  Studying the ground on which he stood...

AuroraElis

Not all that Glitters is Gold

@[Dovev]
    dovev
    html by Toli, overall design and quote style based on "Dovev" by Laura

He was free today. She did that sometimes, let him loose to make him think she was done with him, only to bring him back again. Only to take control of his mind, his body again. But didn’t she see that he liked it? Didn’t she know that was why he never went home - always expected to go back to her - never went to find those he cared about? Never let them fall under her radar more than what she could glean from his mind. She probably did know, though. Maybe the whole thing was just a mind game to her. Maybe she was already here, watching him wonder, watching him spin her around in his thoughts again and again, how they consumed him.

How he was consumed by her.

So when he saw a face he recognized, he nearly immediately turned away. But. Something was different, something was wrong. He frowned and turned back, already walking towards her with deliberate steps. If Violence hadn’t learned of her already, it was too late to hide it anyway, so whatever. If she even cared. Probably didn’t. He just liked to play it safe, just in case. But he couldn’t very well walk away from this. Couldn’t walk away from her again, not when she looked at him like that, her eyes missing that radiant light they used to hold captive within them as they fell away from his hard stare.

She almost smiled, as though she hadn’t really seen him. Because why the hell would anyone smile at seeing him again? ”What happened to you?” he demanded as he came to a stop before her, his bottomless black eyes and smooth voice sharp as he looked her over, observing the blisters and boils covering her beautiful skin. He had to be that way. Had to be blunt and bladed, otherwise he’d be too soft, his eyes would be too warm. Too real. He’d feel too much.

He immediately hated whatever or whoever had done this to her. These things on her must have hurt, must have been painful. And goddamn whatever had stolen that light from her eyes. Hadn’t she been through enough already? With great detail, he could remember the intricate network of scars she was hiding beneath those delicate wings of her bright plumage. The scars he’d stolen, demanded to see from her, taunting her in his malicious ways. Hadn’t turned out quite like either of them expected that day, maybe. Probably today wouldn’t either.

That was when those lovely eyes fell, her gaze dropping to his feet, maybe realizing he really was there before her. His frown deepened, and he reached out to her, tucked what was visible of his nose beneath her chin and forced that fragile stare up to meet him again before releasing her to look into her eyes. The plate of bone guarding his face had grown with time, covering him like a mask and leaving his black eyes to peer back from the stony ivory with concern. And his anger was clear as well, though he made an effort to soften his voice a little this time. ”What happened, Aurora?” He was almost surprised when her name came to mind so easily, but held his stern expression. So often forgetful. Forgetting the names and the faces. Remembering her, though. This time.

”Did someone do this to you?”
    He’d fucking beat the shit out of them.

my job is done so now i'll ride out of town - im sorry honey but i'll just let you down
    you'll be addicted the moment you kiss me - but i only do love when it's soaked in whiskey

And there he was.  Before her and demanding answers as he always had.  What happened?  Honestly... She had no idea.  Her mind sifted through the haze to find any sort of real thoughts.  Eyes stayed shy upon the ground.  How could she look him in the face?  Her smooth carmel hide was riddled with painful lumps.  The blistered flesh had only slightly healed as she had ventured here.  Here? Where was she anyhow...?

"Don't look at me," her voice pleaded as he stood there examining her.  She hadn't needed to lift her eyes to feel his heavy gaze upon her.  His deep ominous eyes.  That's when he shifted.  She didn't shy from his touch as he reached for her.  His plated face lifting hers, forcing her gaze to follow.  

She barely noticed the ivory plate as her eyes met his.  The dark depths they held were mysterious and captivating.  For a moment she forgot her misfortunes.  Forgot her scars, her constant failures.  She was lost within their darkness...

What happened, Aurora?

His voice was unusually gentled just then and it coaxed her to find the words to try to explain.  Her brow furrowed as she tried to make sense of the situation, "There was a darkness.  I couldn't breathe.  Then something, someone, was chasing me.  I tried getting help so I ran to the mountain.  That's when I was surrounded by this haze.  I felt my skin burning so I ran... I fell... When I woke up I was here.  My face.. my neck.. it burns." Her voice was soft and confused.  Slightly pained as her thoughts concluded. Golden flecked eyes shied from his gaze once again.  Emerald wings shifting uneasily against her sides.  If only they would cover her face as well...  

AuroraElis

dovev

He gave her a moment to think, but could feel his impatience growing, his anger flaring. What the hell could have done this to her? Whatever. Didn’t matter. He’d fuck’em up.

”Don’t look at me,” she squeaked, her eyes still firmly glued to the ground. Was this shame? Embarrassment? Fuck, he didn’t have time for women’s emotional shit. The fuck, he wouldn’t look at her; he’d look at her all he damn well wanted to, but he managed to keep his stupid mouth shut this time. For now. Attempted patience and waited for her explanation of this painful mess bubbled all over her skin.

She met his eyes and he stared back, his brows mirroring hers and tugging closer together in concentration though hidden as they were beneath his bone plate. She was chased, she said, and he thought he could almost hear a tremor of remembered fear in her voice, forcing the terrible memory forward to explain. Then the mountain, his birthplace. Born of the mountain, a part of it. And his Mother had coated her in a haze, a burning fog that buried these aching boils all over her.

He frowned, his jaw tight and eyes shining like polished obsidian. What the hell did any of this mean? And why the fuck did she just happen to land, to wake up, right here, just where he happened to be? Coincidence? Or had Mother sent her? She'd sent someone once before... Best not to think of that though, and he immediately shoved the thoughts away before they could fully surface.

”My face… my neck… it burns.”

Fuck, she sounded like a beaten little thing, all miserable and confused. Yeah, whatever. Understandable, right? Though, she'd clearly been through worse, but maybe pointing that out wouldn't exactly help the situation. Probably just the shock and startling pain that was blocking her horrific past from her mind. Maybe it was a blessing, in that case. Didn't think she would agree, though, so he managed yet again to keep his stupid mouth shut.

Okay, well, nobody to annihilate... Damn, look at her. All heartachey and shit. He snarled inwardly, knowing already what a bad idea this was - she made him so fucking stupid every time they met - and he swung around to stand at her side, careful not to brush against her burning skin with the ruptured flesh and bone of his. He reached to touch a place at her neck that was free of the sickness, trying to be a facsimile of soothing, or some shit. Could have hugged her if she wasn't covered in blisters and all, but maybe this would pass as the same. Ish.

"Sorry, Aura," he tried to say gently in genuine concern, shortening her name now that he'd actually remembered it this time. Hey, and if he would forget again in the future but remember that much of it, she'd never know, right? Sweet. "You shouldn't have to go through more. Been through plenty enough, haven't you? Probably just temporary, right?" God, he hoped so. For his own reasons, naturally. "Here, I'll stay with you a bit and maybe they'll be gone by morning. You want that?"

Wasn't really something he could promise. Violence sort of showed up whenever she damn well pleased, really, and he didn't have a say in what he did after she took over his body and piloted him how she wished. Didn't care to mention that, though. Personal business.

my job is done so now i'll ride out of town - im sorry honey but i'll just let you down
    you'll be addicted the moment you kiss me - but i only do love when it's soaked in whiskey

Why me?  Why does this always happen?  Always get to a good place and I fuck it up.  Her mind scolds her as she is finishing her thoughts aloud.  Every time, she manages to screw everything up.  Not this time, she convinces herself. 

Those eyes though.  Just as she loses herself in them he releases her and shifts to her side.  Stroking gently a spot on her neck the gases had not penetrated.  Her muscles taunt then relax when no pain is felt.  Quite possibly he knew how a touch, placed incorrectly, could harm instead of comfort.  The pretruding bones through his own flesh must hurt when touched.  His voice is quieted as words of sympathy are spoken as he attempts to comfort her.  If only he could remove these lacerations on her skin.  Kiss away the pain and all.  If only she could do the same for him.

Here, I'll stay with you a bit...

A carmel ear tips in his direction as he offers to stay with her.  Crown turning slightly to view his face.  To gauge the sincerity of his offer before accepting.  Her plumage shifted slightly as her body turns across the front of his chest.  His frame towered hers but she found she fit perfectly along his chest where no boned plate had yet covered.  She could feel his warmth against her tightly pressed wings.  Almost forgetting the dulling pain along her neck as she spoke, "I'd like that very much." 

She thought she would be more exhausted then she was that moment.  Gently leaning into his warm embrace.  Lowering her muzzle to rid flies from gathering at her pasterns.  As she brushed them away she noticed them gathering at his.  Never before really noticing the twinkling blue of his hide that resembled the nights sky.  She took pause before reaching out to brush the flies from his flesh.  Her milk dipped lips removing them there then sliding upwards to his knee...

Realizing what she was doing she withdrew her muzzle back to her chest.  Maybe he hadn't noticed?  Ya, doubtful Aurora.  Her thoughts turned as her heart raced.  Had she overstepped a boundary again? Would he leave her now?  Or... Did he like it?  She wanted to shake the thoughts from her mind.  Perhaps that was her problem... Overthinking

AuroraElis

dovev

She studied him after he’d made his offer to stay with her. Just for a bit, of course. Had shit to do, probably some bodies to “find” for Violence to play with and shit. Nothing major, just tedious. Okay, but those soft, fragile eyes staring into his was suddenly making things shift inside, soften up and become a little more aware of how close they were. Fuckin’, cut that out, woman.

Then she slid in front of him, pressing herself into his chest where her wings could protect her from irritating her wounds. Yeah, see? That’s what he’d meant to do. Hug her. Better that she made the move so he wouldn’t accidentally bring her pain, seeing as how that was typically what he did to the people he had contact with. And being covered in boils, of course. May not have been expecting it though, that hug, and when he remembered to breathe again, he swallowed and bent his head to cautiously, carefully hold her to him.

He suddenly missed - nope, don’t think of her. Not good.

”I’d like that very much,” she replied quietly, lowering to rid herself of pesky flies on her lower legs. He was a little distracted with her wings for a moment though, remembering how soft they were, and he brushed his muzzle lightly through her feathers as she kept busy.

A touch shifted to his leg then, and he froze, his heart instantly kicking faster. Fuck, hadn’t he warned her not to touch him? He couldn’t remember. Couldn’t remember. Should have told her not to do that, but why would he think that she would want to? Oh, fuck. Her lips wandered higher up his leg and he slammed his eyes shut, a quiver running through his body at keeping so still through the heated waves coursing through him, his skin so damn sensitive. Really shouldn’t - Definitely should push her away like the others, shove her back and make sure she wouldn’t think to try that again.

A soft sound slipped from his throat, and he said her name to try and mask it, his voice tight. ”Aura.” He wouldn’t throw her away from him as he should. It might hurt her, and, well, it’d been a damn long time since he’d had  contact with anyone save for Violence, and she certainly didn’t count as particularly pleasant. But he at least forced himself a step back, just the one, and slowly opened his burning eyes to meet her gaze. ”Don’t touch me,” he warned, but his voice was soft and quiet, so very smooth for someone covered in splintering bone plates erupting from his body. A body that craved the opposite of what he'd said.

Well, fuck. Now it was in his head. How he could coax her pleasure to be so much louder than the pain. Or both, a tangled, adrenaline-inducing join of both. Maybe she'd find that she liked it. He knew someone - no - Maybe she'd like it. Maybe she'd prefer it, even. He could definitely teach her to prefer it. A little bit of pleasure, just a taste. Then a dose of the pain, watch it consume her mind and take over, and then chase it away with more soft pleasure. He was a master of both.

When her lips brushed against his skin she could feel his muscles coil.  His breathing pause and pulse quicken.  Knowing she was the cause of his reaction she withdrew her muzzle to her chest.  He shifted away slightly as he whispered her name.  The heat still felt from his body as it radiated from his core.  Then a warning. Don't touch me  It sounded rehearsed, like he said it to anyone who got close. Too close.  Too much feeling.  This wasn't the first time she had touched him, nor him her.  He was always more willing to give than receive it seemed.  She did not shy away this time but settled with the space he had made between them.  Allowing him to chose to fill it again...

Milky threads upon her rump swished gently as she chose another median to rid her of flying pests.  Emerald and gold wings rested gently at her sides.  The navy teardrop patterns glistened in the autumn sun.  Delicate dished crown turned away from him as golden flecked eyes looked across her back.  Scanning over the gown he seemed to enjoy as much as she did.  Her eyes then lifted to fall upon his face, finding his eyes once more, "Tell me what you really want?"

She didn't believe what he said is what he meant.  What she felt was something so much more...

AuroraElis

dovev

Mmm, yep. It was definitely in his head now. And such a goddamn good idea it was. Wait - bad idea?

Nah, fuck that.
    Fucking fantastic idea.

Everything else in his mind was thrust aside; no Violence, no anything. Just her. He pulled up their last conversation, nimble fingers tugging at a specific thread in the tangled knot of his mind. She’d gotten a warning then. He didn’t give warnings, and she wasn’t getting another. Didn’t she remember? Should have listened. Should have gotten away from him when she had the chance, long before those black eyes turned hot and burning and locked onto her.

He didn’t even hear what she said. Didn’t matter. Didn't care.

And he stared back when she met his eyes, taking a deliberate step forward and closing that short distance between them. With a delicate touch, he repeated what he'd done earlier, using the nose of his face plate to tuck under her chin and guide her where he wanted her. He turned that beautiful face towards him and a little up, held her there a moment so she knew to sit still. Then he retreated a little and studied her face, her eyes, her mouth, before claiming it for himself with a soft kiss.

He didn't stop; showed her a rhythm, a gently flowing press of his lips on hers. Leading her, guiding her. Teaching her. Once he felt her start pressing back, start picking up on this little lover's dance with him and enjoying it, he stepped forward again, deepening the kiss for a few beats. Then his shoulder leaned into hers as if by accident, but that slow-building pressure against her wounds was calculated. His kiss slowed, then stopped with a quiet breath, his eyes opening to meet hers. Didn't fucking want to stop, but she had things to learn.

Staring into her, he pushed against her more, watching for the pain to reach her eyes. "Aura," he said quietly when they started widening just a little, a mild distraction of her shortened name in his silky voice. It was almost too much, and maybe she was reaching her limit, so he eased back just a little, leaning forward with heavy-lidded eyes to offer another kiss if she would take it. Let her back in control just a little. Come take it.

But he sure as hell wasn't done with her yet.

it's alright. you'll be fine, baby, i'm in control.
    take the pain, take the pleasure, i'm the master of both.

Suddenly there was a flickering flame in those dark eyes.  Burning brighter than it had ever before.  He stepped towards her and her heart skipped a beat in her chest cavity.  She knew very well his capabilities.  So why would she believe he only had good intentions.  That he would never hurt her intentionally.  The possibility of danger tempted her.  Like a Sirens song, dragged her into the dark depths of her mind.

She remained still as he reached for her.  Again lifting her to him.  Studying her before releasing his hold. Gentle kissing following in his wake.  Placing them at her own milk dipped lips.  She could only hold back so long before the want grew to be too much.  Each kiss received was given back.  Soft at first, then more pressed.  Remaining the recipient of his affection.  He liked control so she gave it to him.

There was a slight burning at her shoulder as he leaned in.  Brushing it off as accidental she suppressed the pain.  The more she ignored it the harder he pressed until it reached the white of her eyes.  His breathing paused as well as his kisses.  Watching. Waiting to see the pain, her pain.  Aura, he speaks softly.  Realizes the rules to this game.  The pleasure would always accompany the pain and vise versa.  Without one you couldn't have the other.  

He eased from her shoulder as another kiss was offered.  It was a dangerous game to play but she took it.  Pressing her lips into his without hesitation.  She knew pain. Knew pain without pleasure.  She wanted it, wanted both. So she took it.  As she placed her lips on his she had never wanted something so much before.  To feel him want it as well made her follow with another kiss.  Gently placed at the corner of his pressed lips before moving along the length of his muscular jaw.  Turning deeper as she traced kisses along the bone towards his throat.  Her lips pulled back to allow teeth to nip gently at the sensitive skin there, followed by a gentle kiss.  Golden flecked eyes watched his as she pulled back slightly, "Is this what you want?" 

AuroraElis