• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Gotta love me now.... Or never [Dovev]
    dovev
    html by Toli, overall design and quote style based on "Dovev" by Laura

He gave her a moment to think, but could feel his impatience growing, his anger flaring. What the hell could have done this to her? Whatever. Didn’t matter. He’d fuck’em up.

”Don’t look at me,” she squeaked, her eyes still firmly glued to the ground. Was this shame? Embarrassment? Fuck, he didn’t have time for women’s emotional shit. The fuck, he wouldn’t look at her; he’d look at her all he damn well wanted to, but he managed to keep his stupid mouth shut this time. For now. Attempted patience and waited for her explanation of this painful mess bubbled all over her skin.

She met his eyes and he stared back, his brows mirroring hers and tugging closer together in concentration though hidden as they were beneath his bone plate. She was chased, she said, and he thought he could almost hear a tremor of remembered fear in her voice, forcing the terrible memory forward to explain. Then the mountain, his birthplace. Born of the mountain, a part of it. And his Mother had coated her in a haze, a burning fog that buried these aching boils all over her.

He frowned, his jaw tight and eyes shining like polished obsidian. What the hell did any of this mean? And why the fuck did she just happen to land, to wake up, right here, just where he happened to be? Coincidence? Or had Mother sent her? She'd sent someone once before... Best not to think of that though, and he immediately shoved the thoughts away before they could fully surface.

”My face… my neck… it burns.”

Fuck, she sounded like a beaten little thing, all miserable and confused. Yeah, whatever. Understandable, right? Though, she'd clearly been through worse, but maybe pointing that out wouldn't exactly help the situation. Probably just the shock and startling pain that was blocking her horrific past from her mind. Maybe it was a blessing, in that case. Didn't think she would agree, though, so he managed yet again to keep his stupid mouth shut.

Okay, well, nobody to annihilate... Damn, look at her. All heartachey and shit. He snarled inwardly, knowing already what a bad idea this was - she made him so fucking stupid every time they met - and he swung around to stand at her side, careful not to brush against her burning skin with the ruptured flesh and bone of his. He reached to touch a place at her neck that was free of the sickness, trying to be a facsimile of soothing, or some shit. Could have hugged her if she wasn't covered in blisters and all, but maybe this would pass as the same. Ish.

"Sorry, Aura," he tried to say gently in genuine concern, shortening her name now that he'd actually remembered it this time. Hey, and if he would forget again in the future but remember that much of it, she'd never know, right? Sweet. "You shouldn't have to go through more. Been through plenty enough, haven't you? Probably just temporary, right?" God, he hoped so. For his own reasons, naturally. "Here, I'll stay with you a bit and maybe they'll be gone by morning. You want that?"

Wasn't really something he could promise. Violence sort of showed up whenever she damn well pleased, really, and he didn't have a say in what he did after she took over his body and piloted him how she wished. Didn't care to mention that, though. Personal business.

my job is done so now i'll ride out of town - im sorry honey but i'll just let you down
    you'll be addicted the moment you kiss me - but i only do love when it's soaked in whiskey

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Gotta love me now.... Or never [Dovev] - by Dovev - 08-21-2017, 01:24 AM