• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all my fragile strength is gone - Nayl
    Djinni does not need to be asked twice.

Yet for a moment she lingers, her hard green eyes fading to a soft brown as she watches emotion flicker across Nayl’s face. The Iron Queen is not flawless, but that is part of why Djinni loves her friendship. There is always something behind the mask that the piebald mare presents to the world, and Djinni is simultaneously amused by the performance and intrigued by the actress.

Nayl mentions Hyaline again, and Djinni tilts her head thoughtfully.

While she had given neither messenger any reaction other than utter confidence in her own prowess, Djinni had not ignored the threat in the news provided by Karaugh and Ouija. While she is entirely unconcerned for her own safety and that of those close to her, there are some limits to her power. She’s been discovering more of them lately, but she can surely attribute that to more frequent boundary testing.

Better to not spread herself too thin, she’d decided. Better to keep an eye on a single realm.

If the chance to give the darkness a tangible location was also on the table…well. That would surely be a coincidence. If they’d stayed in the Taiga, Djinni would have watched it there. Now, without a home, nowhere on the map of Beqanna is safe. She’d rather have darkness grow from a source she can pinpoint.

It’s always easier to kill something if you can find its root.

These thoughts – and many others – flicker through her mind as she waits for Nayl to return her attention from the sea. When she finally does meet those golden eyes with her own, she does so with a friendly twist to her dark mouth.

“I’ll be back before you know it,” she tells the smoky black mare. Reaching forward, the grullo presses her cheek to Nayl’s affectionately. The genie vanishes before she even pulls away, and for a brief moment a pile of golden sand sits atop the grey before it disappears as well.
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    RE: all my fragile strength is gone - Nayl - by Djinni - 09-12-2017, 09:37 PM