• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my heart never stops beating for you; luster
    the night is my companion, and solitude my guide.
    So much time has passed, many sunrises and sunsets, all with her beneath them, hidden away in her forestry home that her mother and father had carved out for her, content in her solitary and quiet life. Though, she was not truly alone – her shadow, still a nameless entity, continues to find her every so often and keep her company in the darkness of a new moon, or keep her warm in the winter’s chilly air. Ever since meeting her shadow (him?), memories of her youth keep prodding her, gently coaxing her from the depths of her tiny cavern that she shares with only her shadow, and to search out the sister she so dearly misses. One morning, she had awoken, with her shadow gone, of course, like he always did at daybreak (“Just for a little while, love. I’ll be back.” he’d say to her, with gentle kisses along her neck), but she felt different than before.

Actually, she didn’t feel different, at all. She felt familiar.

It did not take Augusta long to realize that her powers had returned to her, fully hers and with seemingly no consequences. She could only think that it was her lovely shadow giving her a gift, for her loyalty and dedication to him throughout the autumn and winter months. With the return of her powers and the shaking of last night’s dust from her eyes, the silver mare decides that it is time to find her sister. Besides, her shadow will follow.

The traveling is more than she remembers being. She had not left the forest in many moons, and thus has forgotten the extent to which it would take her to reach another kingdom. 

When she arrives on Ischia’s shore, she can already feel her muscles aching and weak from the long swim, the saltwater dripping from her lean body in small rivulets down her legs, pooling beneath her hooves of the white sand she finds herself standing on. Her dark tendrils of mane and forelock cling helplessly to her neck and face, a breathless smile finding her pale lips as she wistfully searches the abandoned shoreline, bright with sunlight against its gleaming white sand, for signs of life. 

She cannot remember the last time she saw Luster, but the dark mare knew that it has been far too long. She waits a moment on the shoreline, letting the sound of the gentle waves fill the void, before calling quietly out into the warmth of the air, hoping that Luster is nearby. 

@[luster]