• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Run Run Lost Boy [Nayl; any]

» Innocence is always unsuspicious «

I just wanted to have my fresh start, to feel like belonged somewhere. I knew I didn’t need anyone else, I had survived alone for longer than I had ever thought I could. But Chem returning, and Canaan and the River vanishing seemingly beneath my feet was just another blow. When you experience so many hurdles to finding community it begins to feel impossible. My situation felt impossible. THere was too much disappointment. Chamber, Falls, Volcanic Village, Tundra, the River all gone all failed attempts. Save for Vaughan I didn’t know family, not really. As much as my heart aches for Chem I still don’t feel like I can trust him to call him family... Not yet...maybe not ever. So I ventured out again, it was a stretch I doubt she will even remember the determined girl from the field a year ago. Surely there had been so many others, so many that my own mahogany face blurred into that of all the others. But I would go and I would try. Why not? What else was there to do.

Start over.
    Rebuild.
    Again.

So I left the familiar bounds of the meadow and traversed to the coastal territory of Nerine. It was a bit tedious, as I had to avoid all the other lands that took up the largest section of Beqanna. While I had left early in the day it wasn’t until late morning the next day that I reached the border lands of the rolling hills and silk like grass. I slowed my fine frame to a halt glad to give my tired muscles a much-needed rest. I hadn’t been in a herd in a long time but the lessons Kimber taught me as a child had never been forgotten. I knew to respect the lands within a kingdom in which you didn’t belong.  I called to her then, the sea queen of Nerine, but to anyone else that would be able to give me passage into the lands that lay beyond. I didn’t want to go back. I needed to move on, I needed it. Nerine had to be the answer; surely Nayl would allow me in. I waited patiently for someone to come, enjoying the cool sea breezes to lift my mane and calm my aching muscles. Maybe it I was lucky the wind would take away the ache that lingered in my soul as well. 

Vessel

Kimber x Nymphetamine

show them the joy and the pain and the ending

Under normal circumstances, she would have ignored these types of calls. She has little interest in being the door greeter, and even less in muddling through conversation until a satisfactory explanation could be given as to that particular horse’s presence when she could have just as easily ascertained it herself. Despite her proclivities, she does recognize that it is rather frowned upon to simply go digging in other’s memories without permission. Not that that has ever stopped her before. Still, even she recognizes when diplomacy can be useful and indeed, even necessary at times.

Should those duties ever fall to her, she could partake in that tepid drink at that time. At this particular time however, they do not. And so, she goes where whim takes her.

Today though, is different. Today a faint interest drives her to the borders of Nerine, to the caller that waits there. Partly because, as yet, Nayl (nor anyone else, for that matter) had not appeared the shepherd the newcomer. And partly because there is something faintly familiar about this particular woman. Something intriguing enough to draw her forth.

Approaching the border where the bay mare awaits, Heartfire eyes her with open curiosity, bright blue gaze sharp and unreadable in the late-morning sunlight. The waves can be heard crashing against the nearby cliffs, the cry of seagulls echoing occasionally in the air above them. The coastal kingdom is incredible in its own right, wide and open, offering a glorious freedom that could be found in few other places.

But that is not what holds the white-laced mare’s attention.

“What brings you to Nerine?” It takes everything in Heartfire to ignore the urge to discover that answer for herself, to ask that too standard question. But she would no doubt have her chance soon enough. “I am Heartfire, by the way. If you are seeking something, I am certain I can point you in the right direction.”

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

» Innocence is always unsuspicious «

I didn’t know how exactly how long I waited, and I didn’t really care, I was too tired to leave, and too determined to make this work to give up. So I waited and waited and eventually my patience paid off. A figure could be seen closing the distance. Her coat a wash of gray in the distance, and she moved in no particular rush, assuming there was no threat in my small form waiting quietly at the border. I know I must look like the meekest thing, but i did my best to hide it.

When the mare got close enough to me I could tell her coat was roaned and she seemed to be calculated in everything she did. I stood as she eyed me up and down, and I allowed it without a trace of a reaction. Though I did study how she seemed to intrigued like there was more to my little self that was evident. I nodded my head in greeting, as she finished her assessment and spoke her question. I had hoped Nayl would come, that I wouldn’t have to delve into it all, but I sigh softly before replying, knowing I would have to. ” My name is Vessel, I met Nayl once in the Field, I thought of coming with her then, but I chose another option. I thought it would work but Beqanna swallowed up that land. The truth of it all is I need stability, a home….I can’t keep starting over.” I didn’t have much else to say, my past was no secret, but I also didn’t want to continue to delve into it-- the emotions weren’t as buried as I told myself. I watched for her reaction, as the breeze rolled in from within Nerine and I waited to see if I’d be allowed to stay. It was really the only option--wait and see.

Vessel

Kimber x Nymphetamine

I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
    It had been a while since they’ve crossed paths, but Nayl remembers her. She remembers her few attempts in the field, whether they are successful or futile. While the field has never been an attractive place to her, she realizes that often enough she has to set aside her preferences and find someone interesting enough to entice into Nerine’s arms.

Much to her dismay, Vessel was an unsuccessful attempt, and yet, here she is now.

Of course, Heartfire is the first to find the mare. There is little that escapes Heartfire’s attention, much like her own. Perhaps that is one of Nayl’s favorite attributes about her. They are similar, but different enough to elicit respect and interest. If one isn’t fast enough to approach a stranger, usually the other has it well under control.

That’s the reason Nayl smiles more to herself as she treads across sand and dirt, but it has almost entirely diminished by the time she reaches the two women. Her gaze is lit by an inner fire as it dances from one to the other. ”Nerine can provide that,” she says as she catches the tail end of Vessel’s response. ”Our land wasn’t swallowed, and we don’t change Queens like the seasons.” It seems Tephra is a victim of that frequent change, unable to hold onto its policies and rulers as they slip like sand between her feet.

”Welcome to Nerine, Vessel. It certainly has much to offer.”

queen of nerine
    daughter of covet & myrina