• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Better | Birthing
    Her attention flicks back to the boy as soon as she’d finished speaking to Orion, and she catches the way that his legs falter beneath him. It could be lack of practice, she knows, the weakness of a newborn. It could be hunger too, Djinni thinks. She is willing to bet it is that, especially with the uncertainty in his eyes, the way the tobiano colt looks toward the older man as though begging him to make a decision. The pretty mare offers the boy a smile, an expression as reassuring as she can manage. How won’t starve with her. She’ll keep him well-fed and protected while he is under her proverbial (sometimes) wing.

For a moment she is quiet, watching the grey stallion with those sea green eyes. The discouragement in his face is easy to gauge, and it is not long before he acknowledges the truth in what she has to say. She follows his gaze back to the black and white colt, waiting patiently as he mulls it all over.

“You may stay as long as you like.” Djinni tells Orion when he finally answers. And he can, though perhaps if it is overlong she’ll have to speak with Nayl. Djinni has already taken one of the Iron Queen’s men away to Sylva. She will be more careful if she ever does it again. The grullo mare turns her gaze back to the boy again, lowering her head to look level at him. “And the same goes for you too, Rhysand. You will always be welcome in Sylva.”

“Do you know the way to Sylva?” She asks the older male suddenly. Even as she speaks, her dainty muzzle is gesturing in the direction of the autumn woods on the distant mountain sides. Even from miles away, the autumnal red and gold of Sylva’s forest stands out. The central land is impossible to miss; most of Beqanna’s well-traveled paths pass near the border of the realm. The reason behind her question seems odd at first. Why would that matter? Wouldn’t she be showing them the way?

“I’m afraid I’m about to be rather busy.” All is made clear when she gestures to her pregnant belly. A wince of what must be pain crosses her pretty face; suggesting that her labor pains have begun. “If you don’t though, I could take us there…more quickly.” The way she lingers over the words, adds gravity to what she offers. It suggests magic, the kind that permeates most of Beqanna, the kind that isn’t ever truly seen. She doesn’t say the word aloud – Teleportation. Still, the meaning is clear and her offer sincere.
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

The boy didn't quite understand the gray studs dedication. For now, he simply knew that the man before him wanted to stay with him, and for that he was grateful. Small steps forward carried him to the two equines, stopping before them. He was unsure who to go to... His eyes flicked from Djinni to OB, ears perked. 

In some twisted way, this was his temporary family. He smiled softly at her words, he was welcome somewhere. A place he had yet to see but knew he would enjoy. 

Anywhere was better than here.

That mentality was something keeping him from objecting. For all he knew the two before him had better things to do than be here with him, but here they were. Offering him things no one else had.

"Thank you."

He whispered, watching them both. Only now did he realize how small he really was, and how badly he needed them. He wished quietly to race to one of them and be enveloped in an embrace, though he was unsure that either of them would be pleased with such actions.

"Thank you."

Rhysand

Istanbul x Krigare

non malum sit infirma

[Image: rhysandddddsig_by_voltum-dbgx2qw.png]
    ORION'S BELT
    The stallion is patient, ever patient.  Why wouldn't he be, he does after all have an eternity. The mare speaks and he listens to her attentively.  It was her decision after all.  She accepts his proposition and he smiles happily.  She seems anxious but for other reasons he is well aware. He nods in acknowledgement and is quick to respond.  "Ye have done plenty.  Hurry along now.  I know thy way.  We shall be fine," he looks to the colt now speaking.  A grateful thanks crosses his lips.  

The large stallion lowers his head to the child's level before speaking gentle tones, "Come.  We have a walk ahead of us My Son." He turns to face the western lands.  The golden hues of their destination before him now, "Ye see those brilliant colors Rhysand.  Upon thee horizon. That be our home now." He steps forward to lead the way...

Home.   
    Warrior by Day, Hunter by Night
    HTML by Call

I'll post a starter thread in Sylva Smile