• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (Tantalize, any)
    show them the joy and the pain and the ending

Settling alongside her companion, Heartfire stares out across the expanse of her home. Though only a portion of the kingdom is visible from this vantage, it is stunning. The sea stretches out to their right, the coastal land curving around to display sandy beaches and rocky vistas as far as the eye can see. Trees stand in occasional clumps along the grassy plateau  overlooking endless expanses of briny water. It is beautiful and open, endless sights and wide expanses.

And absolutely nothing like the warm and humid confines of the jungle.

The land might be different, nearly opposite, of what the sisterhood had first set roots in, but it belongs to them nonetheless. They had made it theirs. After a moment’s silence, a moment long enough the contemplate the view stretching out before them, Heartfire shifts her gaze to her companion. Finally, she offers by way of introduction, “Nerine.” A faint tug to her lips brings the corners upwards into the slightest of curves. “Not entirely what you’d expect, I’m sure. But we have made it ours.”

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

@[Jeje]

tantalize

I will try to hold you up

Through those times you are gone

You won’t do this alone

The jaguar mare is silent as she prowls beside Heartfire towards the sandy beaches of Nerine. While they walk, her thoughts are not on the journey. She shuffles through memories like playing cards, realizing that the world had changed so much that nothing has looked familiar since she had left the field. So lost in thought, she doesn’t realize that her companion has halted and she takes a few more steps forward before finally stopping herself.

Before her lays the coast, golden sand that stretches and bends and she knows that she’s only seeing a small portion of the kingdom. Turning to her right, golden eyes narrow as she takes in the endless ocean. Gazing far off into the line of the horizon. The only beach she had ever known were the black sands that held bones and the decaying. This was so different and she’s never really seen the ocean. It seems so foreign to her after living so long close to land, in the heart of foliage and tangled trees. Could she get use to this place, so unlike the jungle? Could she call Nerine home?

The air is cooler here, nothing like the humidity that had once made her dappled coat slick and dewy. She has forgotten Heartfire behind her, her voice reminds her that she is not alone and she merely gives a slight toss of her skull. Not knowing what to say. A pregnant pause as she considers the curving cliffs that look over the beach before regarding her once more. ”It is… Different. But different can be good.”

Another glance around before her golden gaze focuses into hers. ”More importantly, where are it’s people?”
    show them the joy and the pain and the ending

The world had completely realigned itself in this latest great upheaval. The old is gone, giving way to the new and fresh. Giving way to shifted borders and kingdoms without true alignment. No longer could a horse walk in and know what to expect. It is far more a game of chance now, with allegiances  and viewpoints shifting with each changing tide. With each new leader and overtaken throne.

This is a world made for a creature like Heartfire. One she has settled into, grown comfortable with. One she has seen rise from the ashes of the old. She cannot help but agree with the former queen. Change could be good. It could be very, very good.

She lingers upon the spectacular view for a long moment, seeing it as Tantalize must. So easily the eyes become jaded, a sight seen over and over again fading until one barely notices it anymore. It is a good reminder, timely and needed, just how much the jaded eye can miss. For Heartfire especially, when sight is her world.

But then her focus is drawn to the present, shifting to her companion, blue eyes sharp, curious.

The question brings a faint smile to her lips, her gaze briefly scanning their surroundings before settling once more upon the spotted woman. “They are around. Nerine has many places not readily seen from its borders. I am certain though, that you will have the opportunity to meet Nayl sooner than you might have hoped.”

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts