• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    CHAPTER FOUR: the siren's call [round four]
    <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Great+Vibes" rel="stylesheet"><center><div style="width: 550px; background: url('http://i.imgur.com/aEjlCW8.png'); padding-top: 5px; background-position: top; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: #5d3b1a;box-shadow: 0px 0px 20px #000000;border-radius: 300px 300px 0px 0px;"><div style="width: 540px; background: url('http://i.imgur.com/aEjlCW8.png'); padding-top: 10px; background-position: top; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: #110901; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #000000;border-radius: 300px 300px 0px 0px;"><div style="font-family: 'Great Vibes', cursive; font-size: 40px; color: #e4c2a1;margin-top: 60px;padding-left: 125px;align:center; opacity: 0.7; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #281501, 0 0 10px #281501, 0 0 10px #9b7958;">Jah-Lilah</div><div style="font-family: 'Georgia',serif; font-size: 10px; color:#e4c2a1;padding-left:135px;padding-top: -10px;text-shadow: 0px 0px 1px #000,0px 0px 10px #fff;font-style:italic;opacity: .5;">someday, we will foresee obstacles</div><div style="width: 500px;margin-top: 210px;margin-left: 10px;margin-right: 10px; padding: 10px;font-family: Times;color: #c2a07f; opacity: .76; font-size: 12px; line-height: 140%; text-align: justify;background-color:#1e1001;border-top: 5px solid #5d3b1a;border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0px;"><I>You're so scandalous, how'd you get that way?</I>

Jah-Lilah all but falls down the hill, still focused on making it to the lake. She stumbles at the bottom, and it is only then she pauses to look behind her. One <I>heart</I><b>beat</b>. Two <I>heart</I><b>beats</b>. Three <I>heart</I><b>beats</b>. It seems she's lost her pursuers for now, both the real and the imagined. She shudders involuntarily, not sure which of them was worse. She glances at her torn up rear leg, her whole right hind quarter a bloody mess. She pulls her hoof up towards her stomach, then out away from her body. It hurts, but she hasn't seemed to lose any mobility. That's a relief. She snorts, looking around her. Her vision remains the same, fitting she should have this 'dragon vision' in the land of the Dragon King, Amet. She can't sense him or his once ever-present sib, Iset, anywhere. The craggy mountains surround her, ushering her forward, to the serene lake at the heart of Hyaline. She ventures forth, noting that the world around her is no longer shrouded in gloom.

<I>Hello darkness, my old friend.</I>

One <I>heart</I><b>beat</b>. She thought she'd heard something, but it's not the body-lock inducing noises she'd heard before. Was that...<I>singing</I>? She creeps forward, the body of water is unnerving. It's still. And not like, still and peaceful, 'I wanna sit by the water and read' still. Unnaturally still. She's never seen water like this, it's like glass, smooth, motionless. It's wrong. As she nears the edge, she can see the bed of shale and stones beneath it's surface, and it's a confusing picture to her. The thick, heavy fog that rests just above the 'water' seems to be the source of the light in the entire valley. No, upon closer inspection the light is radiating from the perimeter of the water, all around the basin. The mist was playing tricks on her eyes, only reflecting the light and making it seem it was bursting from the fog. Her vision allowed her to see unimaginable distances, but she still couldn't see though the smog. 

<I>I've come to talk with you again.</I>

It's wrong. Everything about this place continues to be wrong, agitating, dishonest. That voice though, it IS singing. She couldn't discern any lyrics, just an enchanting little melody being murmured in the valley. Do you know this song, Jah? It's so familiar, isn't it? She finds herself inching forward, craning her neck to try to see where the voice is coming from. She steps forward, expecting to feel a cool wetness on her hoof, but is greeted instead with semi-solid ground below. The lake continues to look like water, but feels like the shore. It gives a bit, and she lowers her muzzle to touch it. No splash, no ripple, no reflection. Her ears perk and she raises her head, listening. She took another cautious step forward, reaching for the haze in front of her, but it parts light the Red Sea did for Moses. My little bohemian rhapsody cocks her head, strangely intrigued. She walks down the path towards the center of the lake.

<I>A vision softly creeping in.</I>

It's so familiar. Her confidence builds the further she goes from the bank, the echo of the song reverberating louder and louder in her ears. Then she sees him. He looks exactly as he did the day they met. He is tall for a unicorn, a little over sixteen hands, and well-muscled. Battle scars are peppered all over his body, but they only make him look more like the Spartan he is. His hooves were cloven, strong, sharp. He wore small tufts of fur on his fetlocks and ears. He had a beautiful dark, silky beard. His tail was that of a lion's, with the hair on the end matching his onyx mane. His eyes were the most beautiful shade of honey she had ever seen, even now. A long, spiraling horn of ivory jutted from his brow, and he held it up high, as if it weighed nothing. He was so proud standing motionless atop the water across from her, it took her breath away.

<I>Left it's seeds while I was sleeping.</I>

He looks exactly as he did the day they met. They had met across a lake not unlike this one, had they been in normal Beqanna. She was the vagabond wanderer she is now, only younger and with less wisdom, he the young heir to the throne of the Valley unicorns. His people were strict, straight-edge, and thought very highly of themselves. They took a warrior's pilgrimage each summer to initiate their new braves, and it was on this journey across the prairie that their paths had crossed. Their eyes had met and they had zinged. Instantly they had imprinted on one another, and promptly traveled the length of the grassland together. He came to her only in the cover of night, his tribe thought of her kind as renegades and outcasts, creatures that had turned their back on the Earth-Mother. They couldn't have been more wrong. Nonetheless, he felt he had to creep to her in absolute secrecy. Three months Jah-Lilah spent trailing their band of prospects, just so at night her and her consort could be together, and it was worth every step. At the end of his trip, on their last night together, they had done the soul tie ceremony, and he proceeded to ask her to return to his valley with him. She refused, she could never leave the Mare's Back, just as he could never leave his lowland. They had parted ways, but each month under the new moon they'd meet and rekindle their flame, for years and years. Until one time he didn't come. She sought him out, tracked him to hid Valley and to the cliffs of the peryton. She had found him, crumpled and broken at the bottom of their canyon. It crushed her. She never was the same since, my little red mare.

<I>The vision that was planted in my brain still remains.</I>

They had done the soul tie ceremony. They had been bound for life. But he was dead...wasn't he? She had seen him, a mess of blood and bones, yet here he was. He was not grotesque at all. He was magnificent. She struggled to catch her breath, but this time it was not due to an everlasting darkness threatening to smother her. Her heart physically ached as she willed her feet to continue towards him, all pain in her hind end forgotten instantly. Her mouth was dry, and she was light-headed. How...how could this be Jah-Lilah? This can't be life, this can't be love. Her knees feel weak as she recalled the rumors that came to her on the wind after his death. He had went mad, he had been tricked, he had been enchanted by a red magicker from the plains. He had killed himself, hurled his own body from the top of that plateau because of a wytch. Because of her, they had said in the vale. She hadn't even known they were aware of her. She loves him still, she realizes as she nears him. He continues to sing mysteriously(he never was one for singing lullabies, he always left that to her) and somehow he is relaxing her mind. Her conscious was feeling free, and all the passion she ever felt for him comes washing over her like rain. 

<I>Within the sound of silence.</I>
    </div></div></div></center>

Messages In This Thread
    RE: CHAPTER FOUR: the siren's call [round four] - by Jah-Lilah - 07-24-2017, 07:46 PM