• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the crow flies straight | birthing, anyone

City

City comes from a long line of mothers, good mothers, real mothers. Their duty with their children more than themselves, everything is building for them, their entire lives are training. City plans to do the same for her daughter as her mother did for her and her sisters – who knows, her mother could be out there doing it still. And girls is all she can have, or so she’s been told, and she’s okay with such a thing – some may see it as a curse, but she’s quite sure that is the Gods grinning down upon her.

Oleandar isn’t sure what she’s to do, but her mother assures her that all will be fine, just as it was a year ago in a shadowy thicket when the moth-child came into the world.  Olea stands patiently at her mother’s side while the gray mare sweats, heaves and rolls in agony, all the while assuring her delicate winged daughter that everything is just fine. It takes four hours or so before the heap of flesh with black scaled wings and bright burnt orange eyes slides from the freckled mother. Wrena is born somewhere near the ocean, in a cavern behind a drapery if falling spring-water that the sea happily swallows up.

Oleandar instinctively sniffs and licks gently at her wet little sister while her exhausted mother regains her strength to stand again. A cooling mist soothes the heat that rose within the gray mare and her tears of blood are fresh from her fast pumping heart. Crimson droplets travel down her cheekbones and onto the sands of the cavern floor and some even rest of the bay fur of her newborn as she cleans her off.

rushed and filled with all I found
    more, give me more, give me more

come find them in the waterfall cave 8D city just pooped out wrena and her yearling daughter from last year, moth-baby @[OLEANDAR] , is there two. keep in mind Oleandar is a strange but beautiful looking girl - the other two have semi-normal appearances (dragonwings and bloody eyes, but meh)
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
    ”Another one?” Nayl’s lips pull back into a taut smile when she sees City recovering from the vulnerability of child birth. Her body is hot, slick with sweat, but kissed by the salty, ocean air. The cave, curtained by a waterfall, offers protection and a shield from prying eyes, but there is little that Nayl doesn’t know in Nerine. She is ever observant, but her magic stretches far beyond her eyes can see and she lets her world whisper into her ears.

Is that how she knew City had tucked herself away so neatly?

It doesn’t matter now, does it? Not while she stands at the entrance of the cave with the light of the waterfall and sun at her back, misting her skin and placing droplets along her mane that sparkle like diamonds. ”Two lovely daughters,” she had arrived shortly after Oleandar’s birth, and now she has arrived for this winged newborn. Perhaps Nayl unconsciously enjoys watching potential daughters being born that could join her forces in the days ahead. Unfortunately, as she peers down at the onyx newborn, she can only think of her reign ending before this child can rise to the occasion.

Shrugging her shoulders, she looks over to City. ”Her name?” What is the name of this girl born into a warrior’s family? ”I imagine it would be something strong. I would expect no less from her mother that disobeys orders so she can fight with the boys.” And she chuckles, visually amused by City’s efforts, but also rather impressed.

queen of nerine
    daughter of covet & myrina

She doesn’t question the mystery of how the Queen finds the fragile trio; she only slides her cool sulfur eyes over the tobiano. Oleandar moves forward, a genial smile and a nod to greet her superior but nothing more than that as she moves passed her to peer out onto the open beach. No one followed her, good. Oleandar remains in the dimly lit cave mouth, water falling in a violent curtain behind her and beads across her folded and compressed powdery wings. 

At first City had no real like for Nayl and surely through no fault of the tobiano’s. Time has worn her resolve though, and now when her eyes fall onto the Queen’s tired face she see’s someone she respects, a Queen, a real one. The Queen of quiet rubble, it seems, but a monarch with wisdom none-the-less. The freckled gray is weak and when she rises to her feet she does so shakily and with a series of groans and creaks. The mother bends down to touch her gray nose against the baby’s wet shoulder, and then her scaled, clawed wings; fire. The word rattles across the echoing basin of her thoughts and her lips pull into a grin involuntarily. “Wrena…” She peels her gaze reluctantly from her child and levels it with Nayl’s.

It’s been a while.” She smirks, but makes no more effort to tease the monarch. Nayl knows more about the conditions of Nerine far better than City, certainly. And the Queen has a jab herself, one that brings a small chuckle across her dark lips. “Ah yes.. rules are just obstacles to be evaded or hurdled over.” Another chortle presses through her stiff lips. Laughter isn't normally part of her interaction arsenal... The cave of women is calm and roaring with the lull of crashing water, a rare moment of communal peace. Woman have a way of magic about them even if they possess no miracle-making and that vibration can certainly be felt flowing between them, over the cold damp rock and blanketing their little hide-away.

city

in the bleak midwinter

@[Nayl] 
    omfg i'm sorry its been four years to wait for this garbage
    <333 i fricking love nayl and i see her becoming the ONE living being city genuinely likes besides her kids XD