• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  kylin

i just want to have fun and - get rowdy
    when i walk inside the party - girls on me

Sometimes it was hard to sleep. For so long he’d always slept curled at her side, so close and nestled together. Always together. Until the day Dad had told him… to back off a bit, essentially. That it was wrong, the way he was so close to her. Too close to her. And she was too close to him, too. But maybe Dad didn’t quite see that part. Or, he probably did. Kharon was… well, it was up to him to do the right thing. Dad hadn’t told her to keep more distant from him, he’d told Kharon. It was up to him.

And he tried.
    And he’d failed.
    But maybe he was still trying.

Damn, but it was hard though. So many times he’d nearly crawled back to her side at night, ready to fall asleep with her as they always had. Only to stop short and abruptly turn away, sulk to Dad’s side instead. Curl near him instead. Not so Dad could keep an eye on him. He trusted him. But, so Kharon would have at least someone while Kylin had Mom or Kali or Reilly to sleep closer to if she wanted. It just wasn’t the same though. It wasn’t them together as they’d always been.

He might have cried himself to sleep those first few nights. The separation was so painful. So, so deep and aching as if he’d had to cut out his own heart and leave his chest gaping and hollow and bare. Maybe it had been long enough though. Maybe it was okay to sleep at her side again, and this time… This time he only stayed with his father long enough to brush his cheek against that solid neck, rubbed into him a good bit because he would miss Dad so much. Then he said goodnight so softly and walked to where Kylin lay.

He hesitated, staring down at her, uncertain if she’d even let him come back. But he had to try. The distance was too much, he didn’t want it. He could be good. He would. He wouldn’t mess up again. Maybe. He’d try not to, of course. But he hadn’t seen her since last night, when he’d come back from his time with Umbra and… and messed up. They’d both cried. Held each other and cried. She didn’t understand his distance when he’d always been so very close to her. And he felt trapped, and confused, and helpless. And wrong. There must be something wrong with him.

Kylin… he started softly, tears already threatening to moisten his eyes, but he held them back. Afraid she would reject him. But he knew she had every right to. And he’d respect that, of course. He’d walk away if she didn’t want him. He would. And he’d make sure she didn’t know how bad it would hurt, so she wouldn’t feel bad for hurting him. Because even when he deserved it, he knew she hated when he was hurting. He swallowed, and whispered in her mind. Can I come back? Can I - Is it okay if… I sleep here with you? Like they used to.

Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy
    kylin
    html code by Toli, design idea based on "Dovev" by Laura

Like a flower waiting to bloom.
    She had been away from ‘home’ for approximately a week or something, if she would have to guess. She’d hoped he would’ve come to find her, that he would ask her to come home, but he hadn’t. Kylin had felt so lonely and lost out there, she simply couldn’t stand it anymore. Thus she had come home.

Not that she had seen Kharon more often since then. She hadn’t looked for him, not really, only quick glances around hoping that he would be approaching her, or something. Never the pearl and lavender girl had actively searched for him. He had left her, broken her heart, Kharon didn’t want her anymore.

And Kylin? She’s torn between fighting for him and silently crawling away for him to forget her. He was hérs, and hers only, but at the same time, she is too afraid to fight. Unsure if she would be able to handle it if he would walk away from her another time. Nobody had the right to tear them apart, they had always been together, from the very beginning of their lives, but if Kharon wouldn’t want her anymore, who was Kylin to demand otherwise?

She had come back home to live and sleep around her family again, but ever since the time he had walked away from her, Kharon had not cuddled up at her side. No more wing to snuggle under, a body to warm hers. It was lonely, and cold. ”Kylin.” Or perhaps not so lonely.

She blinks her heavy eyes, full of sleep, to meet Kharon’s. It surprises her so much that she has to blink again, but no, it was really him. While she waits for him to say something, or do something, she just stares up at him. Her hazel eyes are glanced over, both in hope and the fear of getting turned down again. ”Kharon?” she reaches out in her mind, to not awaken their parents, or anybody else for that matter.

So much for staying silent. Softly Kylin gasps, eyes watering up further before she nods. She stops herself half way though, glancing away for a short second. ”You.. you won’t l-leave me again?” She wasn’t sure if she could bear it if he did.

Without waiting for an answer she moves a bit, making her nest for the night a bit bigger, making room for Kharon to join her. She wants him to, desperately, but at what cost? Kylin longs to see him, to touch him, to be held close. Her world, her life, wasn’t complete without Kharon. Just as the water which was so very much part of them. ”Please stay..”

OOC: She's not speaking out loud, it's all in their minds Smile

i just want to have fun and - get rowdy
    when i walk inside the party - girls on me

God, his heart hurt. He barely kept himself from bouncing foot to foot anxiously, waiting for her rejection. He’d probably hurt her too badly, she wouldn’t want him near anymore. Ever, maybe. But she blinked slowly up at him, almost not registering that he was there in front of her for a moment. Kharon? She reached with her thoughts, and he held his breath, just watching - waiting - as his uncertain eyes held hers. You… you won’t l-leave me again? He grimaced sadly, feeling the sting of her words needle into him like a blade of ice. It was his own fault though, wasn’t it? He deserved that.

Before he could respond, she shifted, making room for him to join her. With a sharp intake of breath, of relief, he circled and sank immediately to her side as though he were afraid she would change her mind. And why shouldn’t she after the way he was always pulling her close then leaving her cold and alone again? Please stay… she added just as he was covering her with a wing and draping his head over her shoulder. He wiggled closer, as close as he could get, as much of his skin as he could manage to press against hers, and rubbed his cheek earnestly into her neck. He’d missed this, could she tell?

I won’t leave, he promised silently, his voice in her mind breathless and almost desperate, needing her to believe him. But why should she? He was always leaving. Always leaving her, always leaving Kali. Always leaving, putting distance between them. She couldn’t know how he craved being close again, because he never told her. It would only make the distance harder, and he had to keep it up, didn’t he? They couldn’t be how they were before, right?

He flinched, then stopped moving. What would Dad think of the way he was acting so far with her if he were watching? So he settled his movements, just in case. Didn’t want it to look like they were just returning to how they were before. I missed you, he told her honestly, stilled and quiet. Maybe we can go out together tomorrow? Around the island, or away somewhere maybe? If you want… That would be okay, wouldn’t it? They wouldn’t do anything wrong, just be together again. Like they should be, right?

Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy
    kylin
    html code by Toli, design idea based on "Dovev" by Laura

Like a flower waiting to bloom.
    Upon the first contact, she shudders. Her eyes fall closed as a soft sigh escapes past the barrier of her lavender and pearl lips. It feels so good to have him beside her again, to touch him, to cuddle up to him. He was next to her, where he belonged. Together they had started this journey of life, together they would be. Hérs, in all ways, that was what Kylin wished for, as she was already his. Kharon comes closer, familiar wing there where it belonged, draped across her back. She moves closer towards her brother, lips pressing up his chest and shoulder as she bends her neck. Too long she had gone without his proximity.

And when he promises to not leave, her day - or night actually - cannot get better. The tears that had already clouded her vision now roll down her cheeks as she breathes in relief. A breath she didn’t realise she had been holding. Kylin desperately wants to believe him, she does too. Yes he had left her before, but he had yet to break a made promise, or had he already? No, Kylin tells herself, Kharon wouldn’t do that. She cuddles closer against him, purring softly as she does, unaware of the tumult in his head. She doesn’t reply with words, only in gratitude and relief which washes over her.

Upon that raw confession Kylin shudders again. Though teary eyed, she cannot stop her lips from curling up ever so slightly, and her heart skips a beat. He tells her just what she wants, she needs, to hear. ”I.. I… miss you too..” she reaches out in her thoughts, answering the words he silently told her. And if those words wouldn’t make her feel better, the silent promise of going out, of some alone time with Kharon, definitely would. A soft squeal escapes past her lips and both her ears pin forward, the smile growing wider.

She freezes, right after, eyes widening upon realisation that the soft sound could’ve woken their parents. Shocked, and a bit surprised - and a little afraid - she turns to look in their direction, only to breath in relief when they are still asleep.With the same wide eyes Kylin turns back to Kharon to look at him, slightly flustered but really enthusiastic. ”Yes yes, can we?!” This time she remembers to keep silent, to not wake the others. ”Please, Kharon, please. I’d love to..” then softer, eyes begging and pleading, a bright twinkle in her hazel eyes.

She leans forward, biting down on her lower lip a bit hesitant as she pauses. For a moment she’s afraid he will turn her down again, but she doesn’t let the doubt stop her. Kylin knows what she wants and right now, he’s the center of all she desires. Her muzzle presses against the corner of his lips, pressing a light kiss there, before lightly ghosting up his cheek. Then she stops, pulling back, with a shy smile upon her lips.

OOC: All unspoken and still in their heads of course <3