• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    CHAPTER FIVE: the darkest depth [final round]
    <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Great+Vibes" rel="stylesheet"><center><div style="width: 550px; background: url('http://i.imgur.com/aEjlCW8.png'); padding-top: 5px; background-position: top; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: #5d3b1a;box-shadow: 0px 0px 20px #000000;border-radius: 300px 300px 0px 0px;"><div style="width: 540px; background: url('http://i.imgur.com/aEjlCW8.png'); padding-top: 10px; background-position: top; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: #110901; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #000000;border-radius: 300px 300px 0px 0px;"><div style="font-family: 'Great Vibes', cursive; font-size: 40px; color: #e4c2a1;margin-top: 60px;padding-left: 125px;align:center; opacity: 0.7; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #281501, 0 0 10px #281501, 0 0 10px #9b7958;">Jah-Lilah</div><div style="font-family: 'Georgia',serif; font-size: 10px; color:#e4c2a1;padding-left:135px;padding-top: -10px;text-shadow: 0px 0px 1px #000,0px 0px 10px #fff;font-style:italic;opacity: .5;">someday, we will foresee obstacles</div><div style="width: 500px;margin-top: 210px;margin-left: 10px;margin-right: 10px; padding: 10px;font-family: Times;color: #c2a07f; opacity: .76; font-size: 12px; line-height: 140%; text-align: justify;background-color:#1e1001;border-top: 5px solid #5d3b1a;border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0px;"><I>Listen to the wind blow.</I>

Jah-Lilah has never seen her lover so quiet, so still. There was always a storm brewing behind those intense amber eyes of his. She coos softly, the call ending in little clucking noises, they way they had greeted each other night after night so many moons ago. He doesn't reply. She ignores it. As my little flower child nears him, heart racing in anticipation, the mist starts to melt away. His eyes are not the answer to all her questions, like they're supposed to be. He finally speaks, his voice flat, monotone. He beckons her nearer, and she obliges. Upon closer inspection, they are not his eyes at all. They are unblinking, hollow, soulless. They are wide and white, no iris, just a black pinpoint of a pupil. They are shaped by darkness, smoky, sleepless. They stare into her, violating her. She feels dirty, disgusting, the way they oogle her in the light of the lake. Too late she realizes she'd been had.

<I>Watch the sun rise.</I>

He doesn't reply. The watergroundsand beneath her hooves begins to shake and move, and Jah-Lilah scrambles to keep her footing, her back end nearly giving out. A gruesome metamorphosis is going on right in front of her. Jah-Lilah can't look. Jah-Lilah can't look away. His beautiful face all but exploded, sharp, fearsome ivory jaws replacing the placid herbivore teeth that were there previously. It wears an awful toothy grin that makes her skin want to crawl away from her body. There is a crackling and popping of joints as bones are rearranged to show the creature's true form, it shoots up an extra foot or two, and Jah-Lilah takes one, two, three steps back as he dwarfs her in a matter of seconds. His hind legs fuse together, then coil and flick into a lengthy, treacherous tail. His front legs morph into long, spindly arms, and move with a jerking motion normally reserved for those final muscle twitches after death has come. His hands were fine and thin, with fingernails that curled into pointed hooks. They churn up the murky earth beneath him as he drops down onto her.

<I>Running in the shadows.</I>

Jah-Lilah can't look away. She should be afraid, but she is not. She should be turning and running, but she cannot. Jah-Lilah, the peace-loving, pansexual, live-and-let-die mare, is pissed. No, not pissed. It's deeper than that. My girl is fucking <b>LIVID</b>. He drugged her drink, sold her bad dope. He came into her, forced himself into the deepest crevices of her brain, and took what meant most to her. Then he proceeded to use it against her. He defiled her, ripped her secrets away from her, and put them on display for all to see. She had had enough. Her ears are pinned to her skull, her face pulled tight against the bone, her teeth bared in irate rebellion. A side of her unbeknownst to Beqanna, on this side of the Earth or any other, has been unleashed. The fake-ass lake beneath her desperately crawls up her hooves and fetlocks, trying to hold her down and suck her under. She snorts indignantly and jerks away first one hoof, then two, three, and four, back pedaling slowly. Each foot is torn out of the mire with a satisfying sucktion-y popping noise. The mare begins to sing softly, one of the many incantations she's committed to memory yet tried to forget. Her voice is barely audible, but her words are strong.

<I><b>And if you don't love me now,
    You will never love me again.
    You can still hear me saying,
    You will never break the chain.</I></b>

It's deeper than that. The monster comes for her, stalking ever closer, but Jah-Lilah is changed. She repeats her hymn, growing louder with each rerun of the lyrics. <I><b>And if you don't love me now.</I></b> Her eyes glaze over, no longer the deep leafy green of a summer forest. They are pale and hard, the color of limestone. She no longer has pupils or an iris, the whole orb is taken over by a new presence. <I><b>You will never love me again.</I></b> A brisk wind starts to pick up, as if it's coming from the bottom of the lake itself. The fog is twisted and swirled, encompassing the pair of combatants, creating a ring around to bind them. <I><b>You can still hear me saying.</I></b> The gust suddenly alters its' direction, blasting straight into the sky, like a geyser from the Earth. Jah-Lilah is still in her trance, mane and tail standing erect with the force of the gale. Her feathers are dancing and flying as if they have a life all their own. <I><b>You will never break the chain.</I></b> There is a whirlwind around the pool now, and Jah-Lilah braces herself for what must come next.

<I>Break the silence.</I>

Jah-Lilah is changed. The Red Wytch has come now. She continues to sing at the top of her lungs, and the being fights through the blustering winds and lashes out at her. She is tossed like a ragdoll twenty feet back, a large open wound in her left shoulder from its' razor-sharp nails. She rises shakily as he approaches for round two. <I><b>And if you don't love me now.</I></b> She looks down at herself, and watches her own blood drip down her body and hit the ground with a splat. It sizzles and smokes, boring into the Earth. This is what she's been waiting for. <I><b>You will never love me again.</I></b> Something has been asked for, something must be paid. As the pair stand off, the enemy thinks he's got my little mare where he wants her, but quite the opposite is true. He still wears that fucking creepy smile as he is within a meter of her. <I><b>You can still hear me saying.</I></b> The Earth beneath her feet rumbles and her voice is joined with three others. All come from Jah-Lilah's throat, but are crooning in perfect four-part harmony. The Earth-Mother has answered her yet again, even all these seasons later. <I><b>You will never break the chain.</I></b>

<I>Damn your lies.</I>

Something has been asked for, something must be paid. She channeled the Earth-Mother, begged for her assistance, and she had come. Jah-Lilah was a mare possessed, a Witchy Woman, a vessel for the Earth-Mother. The chorus of voices fills the air, her own siren song now. <I><b>And if you don't love me now.</I></b> She was now the black widow, carefully weaving her web, laying her trap. From the swampy earthlake underneath them begins to sprout branches and vines. They surround the behemoth, three on each side of him. <I><b>You will never love me again.</I></b> He looks around, bewildered. My renegade is stone still, the only thing on her moving is her mouth as she casts her spell over him. The vines and sprouts weave together, forming, quite literally, their version of chain links. They reach high, high, high above them, until the ends are almost out of sight. <I><b>You can still hear me saying.</I></b> Jah-Lilah sways, in tune with her own ballad. She is filled with light and love and him and everything in the world that the Earth-Mother had created for her people, and it makes her strong. She is not rusty, she is not out of practice. She is just out of patience. <I><b>You will never break the chain.</b></I> With that last powerful line of her hex, the chains come crashing down upon him, binding him, pulling him, caging him, like he so desired to cage her. She steps closer to him, repeating herself and binding their fates together. 

<I><b>YOU WILL NEVER BREAK THE CHAIN.</B></I>

<I>Never break the chain...</I> Her voice echoes, tearing through the once-deafening silence. She is brought to her knees, as he is pulled down into the lake he sought to drown her in. Her minions tighten their grip on him, squeezing, choking, dragging. A panicked look has taken over his visage, as he realizes the jig is up and he is swiftly losing the upper hand. He struggles and thrashes as he is pulled under, inch by inch. His shrieks permeate Jah-Lilah's ears, but go no further. She will never let him into her mind again. She has a spell for that too, but she needs to deal with one thing at a time. His arms flail wildly as he fights every nail in his watery coffin. He will drown as he sought to drown her, an eye for an eye. The universe requires balance. He is pulled under, and such is the way of wytchcraft, the chain will keep them together. But has she paid the Earth-Mother enough to keep her life? She is dragged under into the monstrosity's water grave, and suddenly everything goes black.

<I>Damn your love, damn your lies.</I>

She will never let him into her mind again. She is coughing, gagging, drowning, but her nose is above water. Weeds and gunk encase her legs, but she fights desperately to stay afloat. Her front hooves catch footing below her, and she drags herself painfully to the shoreline. Her right rear leg and left shoulder burn, throb, ache, but she has her life today. The Earth-Mother has accepted her payment one more time. She struggles to get her feet beneath her, so lays sprawled out on her side in the grass, hind legs still half submerged in the aqua. Her breathing is labored, she is soaked to the bone, but she has her life today. She struggles, fights, wills herself to stand, and barely makes it. She is reborn again from the lake, a newborn on wobbly stilts for the first time. She has her life today.

<I><b>STAY WOKE.</b></I> 

</div></div></div></center>

Power used: Wytchcraft (Witchcraft)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: CHAPTER FIVE: the darkest depth [final round] - by Jah-Lilah - 07-27-2017, 06:24 PM