• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Home Away From Home[Rhysand, Djinni]
    The children trail behind her on spindle legs, black and white and gawky. Djinni’s pace is slowed for their sake as well as her own. Though she is no longer weighted down by twins, the labor of birth was not terribly long past.

She had been heading toward the border even before she’d heard the sound of a familiar voice. As it echoes across the forest, she nudges the children encouragingly. A bit quicker now, the trio move through the forest, the tobiano mother and her tobiano foals. Djinni’s dark eyes scan the woods ahead of them, and when she sees a blur of movement, she calls out.

It’s Orion and Rhysand, the pair of them racing through the woods together. They are heading directly toward her and the children, so she stops. Starlin steps up closer to her, but the nearly all-white filly looks around her mother’s side with curious eyes rather than remaining hidden. When Orion and Rhysand emerge from the woods, Djinni greets them with a bright smile.

“You made good time,” she tells them, knowing the the journey from the Field – while straightforward – was no easy trek. “Welcome to Sylva.” Her green eyes are light and honest, though she soon focuses her attention on Rhysand.

Lowering her head to meet his gaze, she says: “These are my children, Lochwood and Starlin.” She gestures to them as she says their names, and pauses to glance from one twin to the other. “This is Rhysand. You will treat him no differently than you treat each other. Understood?” The children nod agreeably, and Djinni looks back to Rhysand. “What do you think?” she asks him as she looks to the forest around them. “It’s beautiful even compared to the beaches of Nerine, I think.”
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A Home Away From Home[Rhysand, Djinni] - by Djinni - 07-27-2017, 03:02 PM