• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Offspring

tantalize

I will try to hold you up

Through those times you are gone

You won’t do this alone

Shiny feathers the color of coal glisten in the pale light as she ruffles them lightly against her sides, in a way most like her name. It had never been a game to her, to be coy and seduce. It was just a natural feeling, the way she had always been able to converse so flirtatiously with the opposite sex. To be so bold where others were soft spoken. To stand up when others may lay down. She had always been more comfortable in their presence, had gotten along with them so easily. The irony that she had therefore led a kingdom of all mares was not lost on her. Then again it was perhaps these very talents that had made them choose her to begin with.

Amber eyes glance along the broad chest puckered with fleshy scars, giving an almost approving smile as she takes him in. They were both warriors, they would fight instead of flee. There is so much about him that reminds her of others lost. The red eyes of Cross, the faint trace of broodiness that Uncle Magnus had always held (how she misses him, one that had been there for her through the darkest of hours), the warrior of Landen (a worthy opponent, still a shame they had never been able to follow up). And there is something else, something she can’t quite put her finger on.

His laughter sounds like granite stones grinding against each other and she can’t help but grin in response. Even that contains traces of sadness for granite reminds her of a boy made of stone. She would never wear her fractured heart on her sleeve, never again, instead it is tucked deep within her. Sunk into a dark endless ocean, anchored and waiting. For a moment it shifts as he presses his heated cheek to her jaw, her body tense and coiling into the wild creature she is. That moment her breath catches but with decisive fluidity she plays it off, pulling herself away from his touch as those iris’s of gold narrow and contract.

They walk, more like he strides and she prowls, as they begin to head to the billowing smoke of the volcano. As he adjusts his step to match her slinking pace, he begins to speak of Nayl and Nerine. She is silent, a single ear flicked in his direction but she is listening, picking up the threads between the words. Important ones at that. ”Nerine and it’s people are still very new to me so I am quite ignorant when it comes to how they handle their business. What is it about Nayl you do not like? I’d appreciate your candor…”

The depths of gold sparkle at his invitation, a rare lilting laugh escaping from somewhere within her, a light teasing response. ”I will remember that offer although you may come to regret it.” Long grasses stretch to swipe lightly against her barrel, tickling around her legs as they make their way through vegetation. It’s as if a switch has been flicked, suddenly his features grow serious and she follows suit. He asks her of the Amazons and her gaze hardens slightly. ”I did.” She admits thoughtfully, looking towards the shadows of the mountains as she reluctantly begins to recall memories she would pay to forget. ”I was young when I became Khaleesi. I think I did rather well at least at the beginning despite my inexperience. However I had yet to learn how to truly rule a kingdom. I made decisions based on my heart instead of my head.” The words are flat and razor sharp but she is blunt, honest. It had been a hard lesson to learn.

If he asked she would not hide her mistakes or the painful parts of her past that had led to such things. It was history now, all one could do was own it. He speaks of the Tundra and here she can’t help but give her familiar faint smile in response. ”It can be difficult to start over but sometimes it’s for the best.” A pause, looking at him curiously. It couldn’t hurt to ask…”I remember the Tundra well. My father ruled it once, long before I was born. In fact you look rather like him, he had those same red eyes…”

Messages In This Thread
    Offspring - by Tantalize - 07-27-2017, 02:10 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 07-27-2017, 06:44 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Tantalize - 08-16-2017, 05:04 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 08-16-2017, 11:29 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Tantalize - 08-18-2017, 10:47 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 09-06-2017, 05:51 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Tantalize - 09-06-2017, 07:17 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 09-07-2017, 08:41 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Tantalize - 09-07-2017, 10:08 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Reagan - 09-09-2017, 05:17 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 09-09-2017, 08:21 PM