• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Offspring
    Reagan
    I want you to know that I'm all yours; you and me, we're the same force.

She had waited. And waited. 

And in the end, she found that she was tired of waiting. For something. For anything. 

And so, together with a very special package trailing behind her, she says goodbye to the forest—it was not hers to protect any longer, as there was no longer a forest to protect—and makes her way east across the mainland. Her heart longs for the days when things were simple… before they had gone so, so wrong. The man she had loved was someone she no longer recognized, and the wall that surrounded her former home—her former kingdom—had the stench of a very familiar magician… and she intended to get her and her child as far from this place as possible. Living in the shadow of such a monstrosity was untenable to her, and the stench of Deimos’ magic was wreaking havoc with the area around it… corrupting all in its wake. One would have had to have been blind, deaf, and mute not to hear the way the wolves of lava and water howled whenever they made their next killing. Oh, how her heart ached with it. 

Her beloved Forest, was no more. 

And thus, she turns in the direction of the Volcano. He had to know. She finally had to tell him her secret…

Reagan has made her way to Tephra, to the protection she could find at the base of its volcano, to the protection of the one who guarded it.

Crossing the border, the scorching smell of sulfur burned at her nostrils. The trees fell away, replaced with sand and salt and magma that wound its way thither and yon across the landscape. Her green eyes make out two figures wading in a pool not too far off… and with a little study, her heart leaps into her chest at the familiar stature that the obsidian colored stallion cut across the ragged peaks. She closes her eyes, and takes a drag of his heady scent on the wind… intermingled with that of another. One that is familiar, and yet one that is very different. Female.

Reagan steps carefully across the rocky terrain, and, standing upon the bluff looking down—and unfamiliar sensation, as one who is quite short—she snorts almost unnecessarily…as if she is motioning to something silently.. Stay. her mind says. I will come for you very shortly.

Green eyes take in Offspring and the other—a woman named Tantalize. Just the mere sight of him is enough to set her on edge. Someone who means so much when she knows so little about about him. "Offspring." His name on her lips feels like an imported whiskey. Foreign, and yet so good. She doesn't want to allow herself to feel the way he made her feel once upon a time ago. Ignoring her feelings and putting them aside, Her mind turns to the reason that has brought her here. Her creeping tendrils reach out toward his mind. Taiga has been wiped off the face of the map, and the Forest is no longer safe. Jinju has gone missing... along with her entire family. She comes on business, but she would be lying if it didn't do her heart good to see him again.

Her eyes settle silently on Tantalize… not unkindly. Her smell was that akin to someone she had one known and loved. A small smile plays on her lips, and she dips her head in greeting. “Hello Tantalize. I knew your father well.” Such a familiar scent. She tried to imagine what Cross would have looked like with wings. The image was rather a humorous sight to her own mind. "I knew him before he ruled the Tundra. In another life, it seems now. Such a long time ago." Another small smile. "My name is Reagan."

Turning her gaze back to Offspring, she waits a minute, and then Begins to turn back toward the border. "I do not mean to intrude. When you have a moment, seek me out. I have someone you are going to want to meet." She gives one last meaningful look to Liz, she smiles, and begins to turn away. 

Messages In This Thread
    Offspring - by Tantalize - 07-27-2017, 02:10 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 07-27-2017, 06:44 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Tantalize - 08-16-2017, 05:04 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 08-16-2017, 11:29 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Tantalize - 08-18-2017, 10:47 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 09-06-2017, 05:51 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Tantalize - 09-06-2017, 07:17 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 09-07-2017, 08:41 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Tantalize - 09-07-2017, 10:08 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Reagan - 09-09-2017, 05:17 PM
    RE: Offspring - by Offspring - 09-09-2017, 08:21 PM