• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ any
    Merida
    from the ashes, a fire shall be awoken
    She is prideful and arrogant; traits that are not reserved only for those she knew, but for strangers as well. Despite her newfound ability to shift into the cunning and curious creature known as the fox, she never would stop at trying to convince everyone around her of her own independence and strength. I’m liberated and free, she lies to herself, “No one must know I’m extremely terrified of ending up alone for the rest of my days.”

She sits erect, her spine perfectly straight as she taps the frosted white tip of her tail on the darkening fur of her front paws. Flawlessly confident in her poise, albeit a bit assertive despite the large canine that lounges in front of her. His jaws could easily snatch her up in a single movement, a single bite snapping her neck and leaving her lifeless.

The idea doesn’t even cross her mind. She has been in the clutches of death before and she had begged for mercy like a pathetic creature – she will never fear death again. For death is not her true fear.

He’s completely flabbergasted by her for some reason and Merida’s large ears flip back uninterestedly. “Not all of us are lucky enough to come from a lineage of greatness, you know,” she says thinly, throwing her tiny snout upwards as her fiery eyes roll. He is only advising her, informing her of the ways of the shifters, honestly probably only doing her a kindness, but Merida is not one for charity, nor for pompous creatures that deem themselves entitled to her adoration.

She lowers her gaze a bit curiously just a few moments after, however. She tilts her head a few degrees, realizing that he had just grouped her (what she sees as a nothing, a nobody, a forgotten soul since the moment of her birth) with him. The little fox snorts interestedly, rising onto her swift legs and swiftly striding closer to him, her paws nearly silent against the forest floor (see, she does take advice). Perhaps her new shifting ability now groups her into a different kind of class, a sort of clique where her kin is proud and strong.

“It’s always been just me,” she says honestly, though her voice still sways with prowess and confidence, as if that fact did not truly break her heart. “I’ve never met another shifter until now,” He didn’t need to know she had only recently become a shifter, it didn’t need to be said aloud.

Merida lowers herself onto her belly before him now, ears pricked forward. She rests her chin on her thin paws, black nose twitching as she inhales the air around him and his scent, memorizing it and investigating it. “No other forms,” she admits a little bit sadly, wondering if this somehow would make him dislike her. Why she cared if he disliked her or not, she couldn’t really be sure.

She lifts her head suddenly. “Do you?”

@[Crevan]
    I love him :3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: deep roots are not reached by the frost ~ any - by Merida - 08-23-2017, 07:45 PM