• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

better left unsaid; ledger

Bound for trouble from the start
    I've been walking through this old world in the dark

Part of him cringes at the familiar quick inhale of breath, he should be use to it by now. His refusal to truly acknowledge what had happened (and therefore keep the bear at a distance) a small rebellion to pretend that maybe he was fine. Not a broken shattered thing. No matter how many times this reaction is stirred by the tattered remains of his socket, it was something you couldn't truly brush off. Just like the living nightmares that he could never forget no matter how hard he has tried.

The Dark God’s name falls from his lips, wrapped in bitterness that he couldn’t hold back even if he tried. Quickly she shakes her head and whatever expectations he might have grasped quickly fall away. No, she had not been one of the ones he had heard screaming in the cave. A shudder finds it’s way across his hide but he barely feels it. Had she chosen her flames? It seems odd to him that someone would want such a power, one that could burn and hurt so many…

There’s no chance to ask, the question forgotten as she steps closer to him. Visibly tensing, only able to see slight movement as she reaches towards him. Her breath hot on the thin dark skin, so empty and hollow. It brings back a memory, the searing white hot pain when the bear had raked it’s claws across his face. The bear inside of him swipes at the bars of it’s enclosure, remember? Remember the day we became one? Accept it…. Accept me.

There is a moment when his heart reopens like a floodgate, the empty void of all the trials he had ever faced threatening to swallow him whole. Tilting his head only slightly enough to see her fully within his view again, the one eye holding only endless loss in it’s depth. ”Yes.” The softest murmur, a far away expression rapidly extending over his facial features. ”I was weak... So he broke me apart and let me die to make me strong.” It is the first time he has ever spoken of what had happened, had opened up anything about that day that he tried so hard to put behind him. With dull realization, he knows that will never happen. Carnage had made him into what he was today, regardless if he liked it or not.

Ledger

Messages In This Thread
    better left unsaid; ledger - by Spear + Spark - 07-29-2017, 07:27 PM
    RE: better left unsaid; ledger - by Ledger - 07-29-2017, 08:11 PM
    RE: better left unsaid; ledger - by Spear + Spark - 08-28-2017, 07:04 PM
    RE: better left unsaid; ledger - by Ledger - 08-29-2017, 09:53 PM
    RE: better left unsaid; ledger - by Spear + Spark - 09-04-2017, 12:02 PM
    RE: better left unsaid; ledger - by Ledger - 09-06-2017, 12:39 PM
    RE: better left unsaid; ledger - by Spear + Spark - 09-07-2017, 07:42 PM
    RE: better left unsaid; ledger - by Ledger - 09-13-2017, 11:18 PM
    RE: better left unsaid; ledger - by Spear + Spark - 09-19-2017, 06:45 PM
    RE: better left unsaid; ledger - by Ledger - 09-28-2017, 07:12 PM