• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Geranium; any;open
    Hazel eyes tilted between the trees [i]head held high upon the elegant curve of her neck. It had been months since the mare had made her presence known in the woodland kingdom, but tides were changing. She was certain of this. Malice had risen in her belly, pushing at her ribs as though it were crawling out of her. Long since the days where she felt safe... Long since the days where she had come here.[/i]

She stood now, dappled sides heaving with the weight of her own pain. Quietly she wished for whatever it was that was eating at her to just consume her. Quietly in the forest, it would be quick. Though she allowed these feelings to wash over her she fought back with the happiness rooted deep within the marrow of her bones. 

Longer had the happy days been there, longer had the smiles, and tilted laughs of her children existed. She would overcome this spell in time, but now she allowed the emotions to clash quietly in the peace of the redwood giants. Her body wearing down with the gnawing of it all.The fitful silence of her thinking was growing, blocking out all signs of the outside world.

In its own way, the night time here was peaceful, blankets of black broken up by lightning bugs or twinkling stars. The night time wrapped her in its embrace, breaking the silence with the hum of the trees, the croak of the frogs, and the quiet song of crickets.

A smile worked its way unto her cracked lips, despite the Taiga's quiet changes she was happy deep down.

(OOC: Unedited)
    a ghost in the darkness.
    Loey was something of an enigma. He couldn’t really place his finger on just what it was she seemed in his new world. If there was malice in her blood and destruction in her marrow, he’s unable to reveal the layer that tells him why. Where it stemmed from. When she had stepped forward during his coronation, she didn’t seem as bothered as the others. So now he quietly seeks her out, to see what exactly she’s up to. To uncover the true reason for her being here.

Haunting the woods, it’s not long until he finds her. There’s a smile on her face, she seems almost content. His suspicious mind instantly jumps ahead, perhaps she was plotting something. His features are cold and hard as he breaks through the shadows, standing directly in front of her. The new gift laid upon him, sparkling new and unused. Perhaps it was time to play with it, see how it exactly worked.

”Loey wasn’t it?” His words as thick as the swirling fog around them, the other nighttime sounds seeming to fade as his crimson gaze locks into her own. ”If I am to place you appropriately then I must see what it is you truly desire…” The glowing ember of his eyes seeming to flicker and expand, a boring fire that threatens to consume her entirely.

Gryffen

Gryffen has the ability to sense what others desire most, and glamour oneself to match so feel free to describe what she would truly desire <3
    It wasn't long before she left the gathering, finding the need to know who was leaving irrelevant. She had done her part, and now she was gone. A sauntering wave dissipating into the shadows. In many aspects, she was a ghost. Quietly lurking through the mist laden forest, her hollow eyes filled with nothing and absolutely everything at the same time.

Loey stood quietly now, her bones pulling into the elegant stance her lineage passed unto her. It had been many days since the fall of the old Taiga, the dust of its past now curling into the sky and choking out the light. Brilliant rays of golden sun were now replaced with dark tendrils of cool fog. Each sunlight spot a now dark cave, waiting to wrap its claws around you and take you in.

The monsters that lurked within these dark spots hissed and snarled, the clamping of their invisible jaws growing familiar quickly. Quick darts of something in the corner of her eyes became routine. SO much so that when the pale king stepped into her view, she was not surprised.

Loey took a moment to drink in the alabaster stag, his glowing red eyes locking within her own murky gaze.

"I suppose that is what it was."

She replied voice void of the emotion it possessed so long ago. The excess of sound did not go un noticed by the stone colored mare, her muscles tingling with the airs change. His eyes are alight with flame, a beckoning one that pulled her in.

"I simply desire to be part of something greater."

The fire is gone and she is staring at him once more. This stallion was a tricky one, one used to getting what it was he truly desired. 

This was not a feeling Loey was used too. She began to pace, dark hooves dragging slowly as she made ruts in the soggy earth. Much of what she wished was things he could not give to her. 

The child she had lost, the strength she lacked, or the zest she once held for life.

"I wish for you to accomplish what ever goals you have set for the Taiga. For yourself..."

She stops, the slow drag of her gaze to the ground almost daunting. The thick silver of her forelock falls, curling over the cracked smile she offers the pale wolf.

"This is your land now Gryffen. Make them know."

(((I hope that was alright <3)))