• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  antlers and horns and scales
    ajatar
    devils speak of the ways in which she'll manifest;
    angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress.
    "Nerine," she echoes, quietly, to herself - a land she'd never heard of. Tephra - another land. She keeps this land to herself, tucks it away quietly behind the layers of things she knows and doesn't know. Silently she considers these things, these different lands and what they may mean. Which did her mother retreat to? Which does her mother terrorize now?

Her thoughts shift quickly, he's asking her a question. "Funny we never met, I spent my entire life in Pangea." She almost said childhood but that's not right, is it? Is she still a child? Was she when she left? Years are fickle things she doesn't quiet know how to track. That's part of having a magician for a mother, she supposes, and being immortal. She'd be young and fair forever, if she wanted to.

"I don't know if I miss it," she admits freely, rolling her shoulders as she considers it. Harmonia always played things so close to her chest, held her cards tight and didn't let anyone else in. Ajatar just didn't see the point. So what if this stranger knew her mother was a horrible creature, how could that knowledge hurt her? She is as young as she is naive. "I had friends - Pollock, Rodrick. My mother, Harmonia, was there. I'm not sure where she is now." She doesn't clarify if the mare loved her, though she suspects she did not. "When your a child do you have control over anything?" she asks, half to herself, half to him.

But the thought passes, and with it a brightening of her eyes as she regards him once more. "Tell me of these other lands, I've never heard of them. What are they like?"
    Where should I go?

(Sorry for the delay, for some reason I never got an e-mail you replied, which I've been getting the whole time. Silly board)

Messages In This Thread
    antlers and horns and scales - by Ajatar - 08-15-2017, 06:00 PM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Longclaw - 08-16-2017, 09:17 AM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Ajatar - 08-16-2017, 01:52 PM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Longclaw - 08-17-2017, 10:51 AM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Ajatar - 08-17-2017, 01:43 PM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Longclaw - 08-17-2017, 02:55 PM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Ajatar - 08-23-2017, 09:09 AM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Longclaw - 08-24-2017, 09:18 AM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Ajatar - 08-25-2017, 04:38 PM
    RE: antlers and horns and scales - by Longclaw - 08-28-2017, 11:30 AM