• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

inside all of us is a wild thing (pevensie)
    She’s heard the news.

It amuses her really - Pevensie had always been such a mild-mannered, passive mare during her time in the Jungle. The thought of her ruling over an entire kingdom seems a little funny. But at the same time, it makes sense. Pevensie is a motherly sort of mare - taking on ruling a kingdom would almost be an extension of that.

Either way, it’s time she dropped by for a visit. It’s been a long time since she last saw Pevenzie. Years in fact. Her shame at what had happened with Makaria has kept her away, but no longer. She had been a child then, and children do foolish things. It’s no reason to keep her children away from their grandmother.

Two of her children are with her today. Teslah, four years old now, walks at her side. She’s taller than Azlyn now, an inheritance from her thoroughbred father. She’s a pretty thing, but quiet. Not at all like how Azlyn had been at that age. As for the other child, well, Azlyn doesn’t know much about them yet! Her violet sides swell with the child that’s growing within.

They luckily reach the Deserts in the evening, when the hottest part of the day is long over and the sun is starting to slip below the horizon. Azlyn doesn’t bother with waiting at the border - she’s not a part of any kingdom at the moment and, as pregnant as she is, she bears no threat to anyone. No one should be offended by her lack of regard for tradition.

They walk until they reach a small oasis, and settle in to the shade of an acacia tree. Someone will no doubt be along to speak with them soon. Hopefully it’s Pevensie.

(OOC: I'll edit when I have html Smile )

For a womb so bare, Pevensie has borne the responsibility of many children. She rules alongside one of them now, by some unusual chain of events. The idea of a it all makes her sigh a tired sigh - at least with Camrynn as her co-Queen, she can keep an eye on one of them. Her most dangerous child at that. That, however, doesn't bring her much comfort when she thinks back over the fate of the rest. Some, surely, must now be dead. Mortality is a bitch, after all.

The rest? Well, she has no idea and no means of contacting them. She could probably ask the black-Queen, ask her to perform some magic trick and seek them out, but if they wanted to be found then surely they would have come. You can't get much more visible than ruling a kingdom.

She is not considering her children this morning by the oasis though, rather mulling over politics in her head. Though, between these thoughts, the image of the Tundra-stallion keeps pushing forward, interrupting her thoughts with his lean muscles and rather pleasing physique. She shakes out her mane, trying to focus again. She hasn't lived sixty-five years to be distracted by the thoughts of a filly in heat! I dare say, she might not have made it very far indeed if that was all she thought of, or perhaps a lot further a lot quicker.

Either way, what does clear her thoughts completely is the sight of a purple mare beside the oasis. Her eyes widen. She dare not blink, encase the illusion should disappear and fade away. "Azlyn," she breathes, the words leaving her mouth softly like a spell. Indeed, the thought of her purple daughter has truly enchanted her. She trips forward, her legs tangled in the sand, sending a cloud of it high into the air as she darts forward at a fast canter.

She hasn't moved this fast in years! Her legs ache with the effort. Azlyn is not alone, she has two horses by her side! The sun-mare glides toward them, as if her third birthday had only just passed. She beams, physically glowing with her excitement, happiness, pure bliss at the thought of being renewed with her naughty little purple daughter.

"Azlyn! I am so glad to see you," she exclaims, barely stopping in time not to crash into them all. She quickly locks her dear girl into a hug, looping her neck over that of her girl with some effort (for, like many other horses, the purple mare is far taller than her little pony mother). She pulls back, still on the brink of tears of joy. "And who are these two?"

Kida grumbles as they wait, trying to hide from the heat under Azlyn’s violet wing.  The little girl is young yet, and has not done as much travelling with her mother as her older sister Teslah.  She is not used to the temperature extremes that often come as part of the wandering life.

Azlyn tries to nudge the filly towards the water with her hip, where she’d be cooler, but the girl refuses and snuggles deeper into her mother’s side.  Oh dear.

She’s considering heading into the water herself (if only to get Kida to join her), when a slight movement catches her eye.  Pevensie.

A huge grin appears on her face as the buckskin mare rushes towards her, and she returns the mare’s hug with enthusiasm.  She tries to remember the last time they’d seen each other … it’s been so long.  “I’m so glad to see you too!”  

Pevensie steps back, and comments on the girls standing on either side.  Azlyn chuckles and gestures for each of the girls to step forward.  “The giant here,”  she nods to the black, winged anglo-arabian mare, “is my daughter Teslah.  And this little one,” she nods to the tiny black filly, who has a tyrian purple mane and tail, “is my daughter Kida.”  Teslah nods politely, while Kida shuffles her little feet.  Behind them, Azlyn grins.  Then she drops the bombshell.  “They’re actually my youngest.  I have five children now.”  That will likely come as more than a bit of a surprise to her adoptive mother.  But considering Azlyn is now almost 30, having five children isn’t thaaat crazy.

“How’ve you been?  I’ve heard you’ve been busy!”  She’s glad that the conversation has not yet turned to her sister.  While she knows it will eventually, it’s nice to simply catch up for the moment, and introduce Pevensie to the newest members of the family.

(ooc: I just decided to pretend Kida is born now xD)

She listens carefully as Azlyn introduces first her olderest and then her youngest daughter. The old mare smiles as she watches like Kida nuzzle in against her mothers side, hide from the scary stranger. Pevensie can't say she blames her, because in truth, she is a stranger to her grandchildren. Perhaps now though, that can begin to change.

Little Kida doesn't remind her of Azlyn. She is more like sweet little Makaria, shy and doting, though not entirely lacking the fiery persona of her elder sibling. Those had been simpler days, in the Jungle with their little brother Kione. What she wouldn't give for the power to go back to such times, relive those moments with as much zest as if it were the first time she had touched those moments once more.

Teslah too seems well mannered, just as Pevensie had tried to raise Azlyn to be. She bumps noses softly to greet her elder grandchild, though she is quickly informed that Teslah is not, in fact, the eldest. "Five, my goodness, I have missed so much," she says, a sad frown growing across her features. She has missed her purple Amazonian daughter so much, but also the guilt begins to well up inside her, because she knows in her heart she could have looked harder to find them all - had she not been too afraid to discover the worst.

"Well, busy in a different sense. I rule the Deserts, alongside your adopted sister - I shall introduce you soon, if you stay for a little while. Of course, where ever I am you may call your home, stay for as long as you like." she says, earnest and sincere as she extends the invitations. If the pony-Queen had it her way, Azlyn and her children would move here and stay, but it is not for her to decide. She raised them to make their own paths in life, to walk those paths straight and true. If ever Pevensie does not return, she is happy in the knowledge they can guide themselves to safety.

She focuses on Azlyn again, though takes a glance at Teslah too. "Where is it you stay these days?"

It's funny that these two are so different from what she'd been like as a child. Both girls are quiet, polite and unassuming. Much like Makaria had been like as a child (though not so much as an adult). It's a bit of a nice respite to have such mild mannered children. The two before Teslah and Kida - Elektra and Killian - had fought like cats and dogs, driving her near mad at times. It had seemed like every day that she'd had to pull them apart from some silly fight. Even Makaria and herself hadn't been that bad as children, though of course they'd had their many differences.

Azlyn can see guilt cross her mother's face at the thought of how many years they have passed apart and she reaches forward to brush her neck, trying to comfort her. "It's not your fault. Makaria and I were ... difficult." She chuckles sadly. Her own guilt rears it's head at her sister's name, but she forces it down for the moment. They will no doubt speak about her later. "I've spent a lot of time wandering anyway. I would have been hard to find." As hard as Makaria is to find.

"But, it might be nice to stay here for a little while. Kida should know her family." She folds her wing awkwardly and prods the little filly with it. "Come on Kida, say hello to your grandmother!" The girl huffs in irritation (the heat has not improved her mood either), but steps forward and reaches out with a tentative muzzle. "Hi." Family obligation competed, she scuttles under her mother's wing. Azlyn sighs. "The shyness has to be from her father."

Pevensie asks after where she's been living, and she smiles awkwardly. She doubts her mother will be impressed with the fact that she's raised all five of her children on the move. "To be honest I haven't really been staying anywhere. I tend to wander where my mood takes me." Though often it's in amongst the herdlands, where she can live quietly and safely.

(Ooc: I tried to cut Teslah out of this one a bit, as I recently pmped her. Also I am soo sorry for the horrendous wait.)