• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

B A D W O L F || ALL KINGDOM
    Exclamation 
    a ghost in the darkness.
    The future had finally unfolded, visions made into reality. Taiga was his. It didn't matter the circumstances that this land came to fall into his cold squeezing grasp. All that mattered was this it was his, theirs. Change had come and what a change it would be. What a world he planned on creating! Already the misty woods seem to become thicker and more oppressive. The wisps of fog curling about his fetlocks, welcoming it’s new King. The forest is denser, darker. A shiver of anticipation dances along his spine despite the cool calculating expression that hardens along his facial features. Those red eyes sparking with his true intent, the only part of him he doesn't bother to hide.

The wraith had been patient for so long, every fiber of his being is singing with anticipation to start this new era. However he dawdles and slowly winds himself through this new wooded graveyard that he plans on haunting as long as he can. Exploring the trees, thickets, dirt, and leaves that now all belong to him. Oh he will seek them out soon enough, his new subjects. They can wait a little longer…. They had been waiting all this time for him after all. What was a few more drawn out minutes?

Eventually he calls out, a shrill piercing scream that screeches like nails on a chalkboard. It cuts through the suppressing thickness, echoing loud enough for them to hear some part of it. Some think it’s death itself. Other’s hear the sound of someone in fear, screaming, or a high pitched laughter. The call dying into the stillness with the softness of children weeping. The call of a madman beckoning his kingdom forward.

His ghostly shape stands in the clearest part of the woods yet the cool mists continue to wrap themselves about his body, embracing their long lost friend. The fire in his eyes have receded to a mere smoldering, deep dark embers of red that penetrate each horse that approaches. Some have followed him here, other’s have always called this home. Perhaps not much longer he muses. It’s a vaguely familiar feeling to when he had sought out his like minded colleagues in the forest. However this was very different, he had kept his promise and followed through with his plans. While he had been happy to play coy and even allowed belittlement of his character to gain their consideration, he would expect nothing but respect from now on. One cannot rule a Kingdom without respect and he would have it even if he must take it by force.

A slow smile curls at the edges of his lips. It’s time. ”The Taiga you knew is no more.” A soft pressing of his tongue against white lips, a flicker of a rising flame in the depths of red. ”The home you knew has changed.” Another pause, considering the reaction these words may have provoked. ”If you embrace these changes, you are more than welcome to stay. If you don’t, I will give you this chance and only this chance to leave with no hard feelings.”

With that he simply waits, waits for those who will wisely take this advice and scatter like the little mice they are. Once they have vanished, he returns his attention with a smirk now brushing over the cold smile. ”Taiga has long been languishing but I wish to make it into something great, something special. I am not foolish enough to think I can do it alone. Stand by me and I will guide you to the glory we all deserve. And if not…” Here his smirk cracks into a malicious grin. ”At least we will have fun in the process.”

A slight shift of his shoulder, a whisper of a breeze playing with his snowy locks and tangling them in the air. ”Come forward and tell me who you are, what you wish to gain by being here. The caste system will be ran differently then other kingdoms and to place you where you belong, I will need to know everything about you.”

Gryffen

Welcome to Dark Taiga! Please make sure to read over the new Kingdom Rules, this will give you a better idea on how Taiga will now be ran. Just to be clear, this is an evil kingdom and bad things may happen to good people if they stay. Once you have looked over the Rules and want to be added to the board, respond to this post with some info about yourself including traits or giving an idea of where you would like to be placed if you have no traits. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me =) Also make sure to check out the new Ranks board, thank you so much Krys for the layout!
    THANA.
    (as black as your soul)
      She is enamored with the swift and agile way her lithe body weaves its way through the woodland – long, slender legs with sharp, extended claws raking at the soft and fertile soil beneath. She is dark, blending in with the density of the forest, her thick and fur as colorless and as muted as the obscurity of her callous, empty soul – while the familiarity of her two-toned gaze (a single, gleaming gray and an vacant black) is all that is left of her to give her away. She is very nearly salivating, as the pale gumline becomes exposed, her gleaming teeth bared as her impatience simmers within the hearth of her chest.

She had awaited him in the shadow for so long – awaited a cry of victory, or a call to action – and anxiously, she is wandering the border, growling softly at the stench of a boundary line belonging to another. It had been too long since she had seen him - it felt like an eternity! He had yet to see the full transformation of the muscular, snarling canine she had become while sunken in the shadow of evenfall, but he would see soon enough. For a moment, her mind is elsewhere – contemplating how his flesh might feel between the tightness of her jaw.

And then, she can hear him, and her heart nearly ceases to beat within her chest –

Enthralled and bearing an insidious grin, her slender frame presses past the once forbidden border, plunging deeply into the timberland – and from deep within, a soulful howl echoes throughout the dense copse of deciduous trees, calling out to him. Answering the throaty call of her wraith King.

When she is upon him, she cannot suppress the crooning within the hollow of her throat. As her limber and lissome bone and tissue alters with the passage of a few fleeting moments, she is once more equine, as the swell of her hip presses against his barrel while she saunters past him, a wry and victorious smirk tugging at the corner of her dark mouth. Turning toward him, she is a quiet and avid listener, speaking only once his own dialogue has concluded.

”You have done it, my King,” she muses thoughtfully, a hint of laughter lingering with each syllable. ”as I knew you would. You know who I am, what I desire.” She pauses then, glancing to those gathering from the heavy fog swirling around. ”Place me where you deem me worthy and useful.”

Thana has telekinesis, wolf shifting and immortality.
    oh, my love, don't forsake me. take what the water gave me ..

The banking fog of a soon-to-be winter treads on catpaws over the springy earth of Taiga. It swells en mass before plunging past the barriers of sanguine trees to spread like so many tendrils through Circy’s pleasant home until, eventually, it dips into a shallow valley and encroaches past the opening of a private den she’s dug for herself. There, curled tight into herself while warmth radiates beneath the tangle of bloodred roots, is where she first learns that Ruan has finally become shadow and shade himself. A sound awakens her - in an instant both furred ears are alert and that wolfish head is turned to the rounded entrance of her dugout, the fur along her topline rigid with the knowledge that such a call was very unlike her Alpha.

It doesn’t even take the semblance of a thought to drive her out swiftly into the open, her legs grouping together underneath her belly as her back rounds and flattens with the rolling motion of a lope. The fog around her distorts her orientation but she could never be lost in a place so dear to her, every turn of paw or bend of her body comes so naturally from the years spent running these trails. So why, then, does her heart slam against her chest when the sound of another, more familiar (yet all the same more disturbing), howl rises in cadence to reply to the first call?

Her eyes give her answers as she slips from the sticky curtain of air and into the widened clearing where Gryffen and Thana wait.

The little brown wolf could howl with sorrow over the loss of Ruan, could easily gnash her ivory teeth and slather at the mouth like her mad dog brother, could even be tempted to rouse her sons (wherever they may be - thank the gods it isn’t Taiga for once) in a wasted attempt at a coup. It would serve the proudflesh of a stallion right, to have that unwitting smirk ripped clean from his face.

But Circinae is a different creature altogether.

She rises languidly from her canine shape; Circy eases a few steps forward and her body re-shapes itself neatly, quickly, to take her true form. Along the curvature of her spine and dotted about the sweet spots of her hips and shoulders the wetness of the fog clings like thousands of glimmering crystals, plastering her navy mane against her neck while her cautious, bright eyes glance between the two. “I know nothing of either of you, so what you say may or may not hold weight here.” She begins softly, “Time will be the judge of that.”

“On the same hand,” She muses, tilting her viridian head, “Neither of you know me. So we begin, perhaps, on the same footing.”

“Welcome to Taiga. They call me Circinae here and I think you’ll be wanting me around, if you’re half as glorious as you think yourself to be.” She simpers, feeling bile rise at the back of her mouth. “Hard to rule a kingdom with no one to rule.”

Circinae

Circinae has Water Teleportation and Wolf Shifting.
    Crevan will probably stay but timeline-wise he hasn't returned home. He has Wolf shifting, Fire Breathing, and Regenerative Healing.
    Fresh waves of curling fog rolled into the forest, the soft croaks of the frogs or loud hum of the birds fading into a suffocating silence. All is quiet in the racing mind of the dappled queen, she holds her skeletal form tall against the rising trees, a thickening mist pulling her from her spot amongst the evergreens.

The Taiga was being reborn, and Loey was here to witness it.

A screaming laugh broke through the trees, a beckon to all whom lay within the dense forest. This was her call to leave her needle laden home.

Tight muscles snapped in response at the grey's sudden lurch forward, her bones pulling her to the direction of the wrenching laughter she had heard. She saw him before the noises stopped, a ghost of a stag with blood shot eyes and malice laced in his marrow. Not much further from this was she.

He spoke, a challenge to stay in this new Taiga, or flee like a coward. Quietly she listened for the others to speak, their words like weights on her decision. 
    Yes? No? Yes? No...?

Dark ears tipped forward, pale tendrils curling around her flank as she pulled forward.

"I see no reason to leave, for land will still be land. No matter whom lays claim."

Her words are thick with the underlying challenge to test her, for the mare was on a tight rope, swinging between destruction and a hopeful reconstruction of her life. 

"I Am Loey, and I have no mind as to where I am put."

With this she faded, much like the fog around them, into the gathering crowd.

OOC: Unedited (Loey has no traits. She will be staying <3)