• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

With pockets full of stones [Jah-Lilah, Canaan, Any]
    oh, my love, don't forsake me. take what the water gave me ..

It takes very little to remember. Nights spent alone, nights spent with Raeanne. Nights when she forgot who she was and the wolf inside of her ran free. Days that took all her strength to make it through, days she wished could've never ended. The feel of water on her skin, the smell of her sons when they first opened their eyes to new life.

She remembers it all.

But Canaan? Can she remember him, or is it a sort of hope that she remembers now? Perhaps her golden love hadn’t meant to come home those winters long ago. Maybe it was his time to fly beyond their rough seas and out into the unknown, a place even she has seen once. Maybe … maybe this journey was fruitless. “No.” She thinks. “Ellyse had been certain, and Canaan was waiting for you when you returned.” The little mare recalls. Again, Jah-Lilah is right; Circinae must take the first step and discover an ending on her own, no matter the consequence.

With a huff of determination she shifts. Drained as she is from using her gift on them both, the frigid seawater has awoken her energy once more and pricked her skin into numbness. Her pads won’t feel the strain she’s about to put on them as she leaps ahead, to the right, and begins to lope down the shoreline. Her nose, sandy and twisted into a serious frown, is pointed to the sky and she follows it now while the two begin their circuit around the great horn of Nerine. There’s hope yet that she’ll catch scent of him on this wild breeze and, when … if she does, perhaps it will lead them to an answer.

She can only hope. “Should we split up?” The little brown wolf muses aloud, knowing full and well that her lightning-wielding companion could protect herself. “You’d know him from description right away - honey golden, with a dark mane to set the picture nicely. His wings are beautiful, Jah.” She sighs, all the emotions of two years beginning to rise. “Mahogany, almost like my coat. You’ve seen Crevan and Corvus - he’s their maker. Looks just like them.” The lithe predator laughs.

Ahead, the wind drags up the beach and rolls against the stones, breaking in waves that ruffle the fur about her intricate face. The wolf pauses. “Wait. I smell something.” She murmurs, hesitating for a second longer before racing ahead again - this time double-speed until the sand beneath her is kicked up in sprays. “Canaan!” She howls, not even sure if what she’s sensing could be him. She’s blind now, blind with urgency and need. “Canaaaaaan!”

Circinae

@[Jah-Lilah] @[Canaan]

Messages In This Thread
    With pockets full of stones [Jah-Lilah, Canaan, Any] - by Circinae - 08-18-2017, 03:10 PM
    RE: With pockets full of stones [Jah-Lilah, Canaan, Any] - by Circinae - 08-21-2017, 09:18 AM