• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

FLASH. Give me any sense of control. (DAHMER)
    CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT
    & SATISFACTION BROUGHT HIM BACK
    With the arrival of Autumn had come the anniversary of his own arrival in Beqanna. Of the three years he'd spent mingling with pegasi, telepaths, pyrokinetics, and the odd assortment of creatures, Dahmer had spent the majority of it dedicating himself and his services to the Kingdom of Tephra. He'd seen the volcanic island rise to greatness beneath the skilled hoof of Magnus, who'd been both kind and fair. Dahmer had served as Magnus' councilman, and then he'd seen the coronation of Lucrezia, the woman he had loved... and he had seen her hand over her crown without even the blink of an eye, gifting it to Offspring without so much as a warning to her congregation.

Dahmer had left her there (how could she give it, her home, away so easily?), had turned and walked away from his peafowl lady, with a fire gifted to him by Desole lashing and licking within his chest. The River had turned into the black beast's home during his time away from Tephra, and while he has once again found a home within his beloved sulfur-tinged Kingdom (beneath the ever-watchful Offspring), he still finds the time every so often to venture away from the volcano, and from his new son (and his once-upon-a-time lover), to enjoy the solitude that only the River can offer. The cool Autumn air is welcome against his sleek black coat. It draws a shiver down his spine, our winged thoroughbred has grown so used to the hot and humid, but it pulls that trademark lopsided grin to his lips without hesitation.

The air of the River is crisp and he greets it with flared nostrils as he meanders down the bank. Dahmer's heavy hooves sink into the soft loam but he continues undeterred, ruffling his unused wings against his sides on occasion, as if to remind himself that they are there. Ellyse has requested that they fly together a time or two, but the blue-eyed beast is still so undecided about them that he has denied her each time. Eventually, maybe, he will take to the skies - for now, though, he will stick to his private copse of trees by the volcano, or the riverbank that lay nestled between the Field and the Meadow.

The sound of the water rushing over smoothed river rocks drowns out the majority of the other sounds in the area, if there happen to be any. He enjoys the tranquility, the absence of the need to be a diplomat (at least for the time being), and allows his mind to wander. The Hellhound's son thinks first of Azza, of his Subway, of the life he had lost when their island had rumbled and crashed, swallowed into the sea by the earthquake. Nostalgia blooms, warm and welcome, in his chest and for a moment (a tiny, succinct moment), he imagines the scents of his homeland and of those companions who had made it great. One of these scents, in particular, grows more powerful with each rhythmic step he takes and Dahmer sighs with melancholy at his memories of his half-sister.

But then (how?) he can see her as she wades into the river, just up ahead. Dahmer's face reflects his immediate confusion, the pupils in his brilliant blue eyes narrowing as he moves closer to the tovero mare, who he, without question, knows is Scylla. But... wings?

He snorts loudly to the mare, belly deep in water as he remains on the bank, his grin returning. "Well, I'll be damned," he announces himself, ears fluttering towards Scylla with intrigue, "Took you long enough to get here. Mother would be disappointed in your tracking skills."

A playful chuckle follows, and then a happy nicker, and suddenly Dahmer feels complete, despite never knowing a part of him had ever felt empty.
    Dahmer
    image © celestiene

@[Scylla] ♥

Messages In This Thread
    RE: FLASH. Give me any sense of control. (DAHMER) - by Dahmer - 08-22-2017, 08:21 PM
    FLASH. Give me amazement - by Scyla - 08-23-2017, 09:15 AM
    RE: FLASH. Give me any sense of control. (DAHMER) - by Dahmer - 08-25-2017, 09:18 AM
    RE: FLASH. Give me any sense of control. (DAHMER) - by Dahmer - 09-04-2017, 11:08 AM