• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

FLASH. Give me any sense of control. (DAHMER)
    CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT
    & SATISFACTION BROUGHT HIM BACK
    Dahmer forgets where he is when his blue eyes touch down on the tovero frame of his sister. It's as if Beqanna doesn't exist, as if Azza and Kusheth have returned for the day. Even their surroundings, the leafy trees and winding river, remind him of the lands in Kusheth where the wilderness had reigned, unlike the dilapidated ruins of the Azzan island. His mind flashes to Azza's raids against its more peaceful island counterpart and then the memories shift to ones of him and Scylla meeting secretly after the fall of darkness when Desole had carted her away and transplanted her in the Zoo.

His heart suddenly aches at the thought, but she is here now, and with him again.

The chestnut tovero completes a semi-circle in the river and returns his grin with a wrinkled nose. Dahmer laughs freely and gives his dark head a toss as she unfurls her own wings (so strange to see them sprouting from her shoulders) to splash him with the refreshing river water. "I think she will get over it eventually," the black beast jests as the siblings close the space between them and embrace, neck pressed to neck. "I was just trying to help you learn to track," he grins as Scylla pulls away, "you know, like big brothers do. But now that you've found me again, we can work on some other skills if you plan on staying in the area."

"Like, maybe... social skills?" he says with a twinkle in his blue eyes, his feathered wings adjusted at his sides to mirror Scylla as she does so. His ears flutter as she inquires about his new home and the black thoroughbred nods with enthusiasm. "This is Beqanna, and of course I have! I live in a land called Tephra. There's a volcano and we never have to deal with snow, so it's a pretty nice setup," he adds at the end, curious if she would remember the winters in the Subway that he refused to leave their maze of underground tunnels because of the white, fluffy precipitation outside.

"I may or may not have actually used them yet, but maybe soon... it would be cool to see the volcano from the sky," he smiles, though his eyes have grown mischievous.

"I have a new son, too. He's back at home. His name is Smoak."
    Dahmer
    image © celestiene

@[Scylla] ♥ UGH I'M SO EXCITED TO WRITE WITH YOU AGAIN.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: FLASH. Give me any sense of control. (DAHMER) - by Dahmer - 08-22-2017, 08:21 PM
    FLASH. Give me amazement - by Scyla - 08-23-2017, 09:15 AM
    RE: FLASH. Give me any sense of control. (DAHMER) - by Dahmer - 08-25-2017, 09:18 AM
    RE: FLASH. Give me any sense of control. (DAHMER) - by Dahmer - 09-04-2017, 11:08 AM