• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  FLASH. Give me a voice. [Any]
    show them the joy and the pain and the ending

It has been far too long since Heartfire has felt excitement such as Scyla is feeling. Her body may be young, deceptively so, but her soul is an old one. Ancient almost. She had lived a lifetime already, grown old in a body that had withered with age until she had been plucked away and redeposited in the youthful body she had once left behind. It is something almost impossible to comprehend and even more difficult to explain. And so, she does not try. Others look at her and see someone odd, cold and calloused in a way only those who have seen too much can be.

But she has seen too much, lived too long. It is not odd at all.

She allows a faint smile to touch her lips at the other woman’s words. Words that spill from her lips in blurred excitement, buoyed by the thrill of the chase. “In that case,” she responds easily, a hint of amusement coloring her tone, “I shall refrain from interfering in your game.”  A game she has no knowledge of, one she had inadvertently been placed in the middle of. She does not mind terribly however. It would be rather hypocritical of her. She plays her own games, one with ends so very few can see or appreciate. Hers however, tend to be of the much more dangerous variety.

In a sense, perhaps her brother is lucky he had not somehow become entangled in the dramas she so often becomes party to. She is not certain he would have appreciated them as she does.

She can understand the dynamic of siblings however. Though her relationship with her own twin is much less playful, they had been children once. They had played as other children might. Of course, her twin could never hide from her for long, so this particular game is not one they had ever attempted. She is far too good at hide and seek. She would win every time.

For a moment, she eyes Scyla curiously as she continues, her exuberant questions hanging in the air. She is a curious creature, and Heartfire has always had a difficult time resisting curiosities. Of course, there is not much that has the ability to hold her attention for long. For the time however, she could prove quite interesting.

“I am not certain our definitions of fun are similar enough,” she finally answers. Unless of course, Scyla thought staring off into space was fun. That is, after all, what it would appear to most that she was doing. In truth, she would have her sight cast far from her body, watching and learning and gleaning what she can. “However,” she continues, amending the rather abrupt words that she realizes may have sounded like a dismissal, “there are some rather impressive sights around. I come from Nerine, so I am most familiar with those vistas. You are welcome to join me if you would like to see for yourself.”

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

Messages In This Thread
    FLASH. Give me a voice. [Any] - by Scyla - 08-21-2017, 12:19 PM
    RE: FLASH. Give me a voice. [Any] - by Heartfire - 08-24-2017, 03:11 PM
    RE: FLASH. Give me a voice. [Any] - by Scyla - 08-28-2017, 09:28 PM
    RE: FLASH. Give me a voice. [Any] - by Heartfire - 09-01-2017, 11:22 AM
    RE: FLASH. Give me a voice. [Any] - by Scyla - 09-04-2017, 02:05 PM
    RE: FLASH. Give me a voice. [Any] - by Heartfire - 09-10-2017, 11:57 AM
    RE: FLASH. Give me a voice. [Any] - by Scyla - 09-13-2017, 02:21 PM