• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

With stones to weigh my pockets down [Gryffen]
    oh, my love, don't forsake me. take what the water gave me ..

Circinae will die before she admits that Gryffen and his cronies shake her.

Yet, they do. 

Now, I know you must be thinking it unlikely; Gryffen had neither caused her harm, nor promised to harm her, but all the same she can’t help but be unnerved. What may shock you more is the reasoning behind the tremble in every footfall. She’s not afraid of them (very far from it) nor does she hate them - it’s their own irrational need for flamboyance that irks her, that and Gryffen’s final phrase to her retreating form; “Show me I can trust you.”

“Trust,” She spits, shifting upwards into her natural equine shape once more. “I doubt he can even trust those he’s brung along and he wants to talk to me about trust.” The pony-mare mutters darkly. It was always a game with the others; she’d watched her brother Wyrm participate many a time and heard of the importance behind every move plenty from her father. Thus far the little Taigan has done her part to remain very clear of anything remotely close to personal gain or its cousin: the downfall of her enemies.

But, it would seem that she could not avoid the inevitable. From behind comes the steady, rhythmic tones of another approaching - it’s Gryffen, already his smell permeates her nostrils and solidifies his presence without the need for her to even turn her head. She slows, though, eventually coming to a quiet halt before gathering herself to face him once more. “Come to put me in my place?” She questions, hardened eyes blazing with azure fire, “Or did something I say actually happen to stick?”

Circinae
    a ghost in the darkness.
    They both crawl beneath each other’s skin, he wants to pinpoint exactly what it is about the green mare that bothers him so. She had easily finagled her way out of his direct question, why was she here? Why had she stayed? Suspicion follows him like a dark cloud as he leaves Deimos to work his magic with the thorns and twisted trunks. The land had not rejected him despite the objections to the way Deimos forced it to bend to their will. Land doesn’t care. Even when Atrox’s beating heart had lain beneath the Chamber soil, it’s palpations felt underneath their hooves, it hadn’t cared. The forest would always belong to the forest. It didn’t matter who ruled it’s borders. It understood the ways of the world. There would always be those living in it’s depths, light or dark, it didn’t care. As long as someone was lurking within them, then they thrived.

She has not gone far into these woods, turning and standing almost sulkily before him. Clear hard eyes penetrating back into the burning depths of red. Spitfire on her tongue. It’s amusing and he smirks. ”I’m still not sure what place you belong in.” Slowly he ambles closer to her until his muzzle is breathing hot breath against hers. ”What is it that you desire Circinae?” A faint glimmer making him hazy before her. ”What do you desire most?” He needs to find that link within her, the one he can connect with. The one that will either help him manipulate her or find some mutual connection.

Gryffen

I was going to have him use his Love Illuisionist, if that's not ok let me know and I can edit the post <3