• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kiss my eyes and lay me to sleep; Cezary
    She seems taut, like a bow string, but at his smile she seems to unwind. For that Cezary is glad, because he knows the toll that always being on guard can bring, he had seen it in his mother, who had broken as easily as an eggshell underfoot at his father's death. For so long, she had fought against those emotions, keeping up her barriers, staying alert and strong but - it had crushed her in the end.

"Pois?" he questions with a tilt of his head, his forelock falling into his dark eyes. He doesn't meant to put her on the spot, of course, he is just a little confused. But he realises how rude he is being and tries to change the topic. "Pleasure to meet you, Lye. You have a nice name. I've never heard it before."

Horses in Beqanna have a tendency to name themselves uniquely, so he's never actually met anyone with someone else's name, but he does think that Lye is a rather pretty name regardless.

"Ah yes, the trick is to accept the past," he says. "And to learn from it. The past is a lesson in forgiveness, self-discovery and letting things go."

Of course, he is no philosopher so he has no idea how true his statements are for anyone other than himself. "But that explains the rush, at least." he says with another well-natured smile.

"Did you come to the Field on purpose?"

Messages In This Thread
    kiss my eyes and lay me to sleep; Cezary - by Lye - 06-03-2015, 01:20 PM
    RE: kiss my eyes and lay me to sleep; Cezary - by Cezary - 06-03-2015, 02:55 PM