• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  I tried to sell my soul last night; any
    The no man’s lands that I travelled through to get from my wooded home to the common lands are familiar. The woods are half evergreen and half everred, and when I reached the wide river I had known exactly where to ford. The forests of the Taiga had changed since I last travelled, and I’d given the odd thorny barrier a wide berth as I passed it this morning.

My pale legs are still damp as I make my way through the woods, craning my head up now and again to look at the spindly branches overhead. They are starting to lose their fiery colors. Each step I takes is fragrant and loud, and I expects the same would be true of anyone else making their way through the woods.

I am startled then, when my blue grey eyes catch a flicker of motion that is not accompanied by sound. It’s a child, one that looks to be a few months younger than I am. He does not look especially pleased with his current circumstances, and as I scent the clearing I can’t say I blame him. There’s no lactating mare anywhere nearby, nor has there been one in some time. Most foals are well-weaned this late into fall. Perhaps he’s not really a foal, I think, recalling my Mother’s story of the child-guardian of the Desert.

Eager, and hopeful that this small child might provide some excitement on a chilly autumn day, I approach with a smile.

“Hey. What’s your name?” I ask. There is nothing threatening in my posture, and I’ve kept a comfortable distance between us. I am far from intimidating anyway, a six month old filly that is still mostly legs and eyes. “I’m Starlin.”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I tried to sell my soul last night; any - by Starlin - 08-27-2017, 08:37 PM