• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I will never be your hothouse flower - Polaris

Delicate things are pretty - cute, even,
    but you are not delicate.
    You are wild and lewd and unpredictable.
    You are breathtaking.
    You are beautiful.

Sometimes, it’s almost easier not even to think. Sometimes, it’s almost easier to pretend I am not here at all. To pretend that everything had not truly happened, and that I am still a free spirit wandering forest and meadow, allowing my feet to carry me where they will. I had once longed for home, a place to call my own. But when I wished for that, this is certainly not what I had in mind. When Aten had first brought me to these shrouded woods, this is certainly not how I thought it would end.

Most days, they do not even look like the same woods I had known upon first arrival. Most days, they seem foreign and different, dark in a way almost impossible to define. This is not the Taiga I had first known, before I had stumbled inadvertently upon a hellish scene in the midst of the forest. Oh how I wish I could turn back time and prevent myself from stepping into the midst of that fight.

Sometimes, it almost seems as though I could (something odd has been happening, something I cannot quite put words to. Small inconsistencies that I cannot explain, things too surreal to be true. Except that they are). But there is something powerful at a play here, more than the cruel, hideous magician that had taken me captive. And it is a power I dare not defy.

Whatever it is, however it had happened, I am here now. I am prisoner to a fickle master. And though I have been largely ignored to this point, I have no certainty that this will continue. And so, something must be done about it. Not that I haven’t tried. But on my own, it seems I have been unsuccessful. And aside from one odd encounter (which I have no desire to remember, though I can’t seem to shake it from my mind - if only because I have the rather nagging feeling I’m going to regret it), I have yet to seek out any other who might sympathize with my plight.

But perhaps that is what I am missing. Perhaps, that is what I need to succeed with my plans.

Venturing slowly from the small corner of Taiga I had hidden myself away in, I glance warily about me, amber eyes wide and alert. This is not a safe land, and I have no faith I will be left alone for any length of time. I am also not entirely certain that company will be friendly. But there is nothing to do but try. I’ll never get anywhere if I don’t at least get the lay of the land. Or if I don’t see who else might be out there.

Giohde

@[jenger] <33333