• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

.Leave nothing but hoofprints.
    (Sorry for the wait, I could have sworn I had replied to this! How strange. Forgive me Sad )

Oh, it appears that one of the other stallions has ice picks on his hooves, and is able to keep his balance incredibly well on such a slick and dangerous surface. Bravo! Good sir, Bravo! How he is able to navigate it so quickly must be some sort of miracle - and to be able to to withstand the fear? Why, demon is no word for this gray stallion! No, he must be some sort of angel instead. To overcome such fear of death? There must be a hero’s heart in there somewhere.

The thing about heroes is that they are usually only mortal. A quick icicle impalement can fix that little mortality problem. If you ask nicely enough, I’m sure Belgarath would be happy to oblige.

He is right about his party tricks, though. Invisibility is pretty cool- here and then there and then gone. However, I think the stallion forgets how much a horse weighs, and the sound that hooves make on a hard, ice-covered surface. It’s easy enough to hear a creature that large walking through the grass. After the lighter gray snaps and disappears, the clip -clop of his invisible movement gives away his position, and though Nier may not take the opportunity to attack Bel, he won’t be so lackadaisical. If he’s going to make an enemy, he might as well make a fucking enemy the right way. Bel turns his head to the side Nier is approaching, just enough to see where to aim when and if he reappears. When he does, he jerks his head towards the face of the other stallion, teeth bared in an attempt to grab something - the tip of his nose, or his lips, or even graze the bridge of his face. That would probably hurt his own teeth, but, eh, it’s the effort to injure that counts.

The mare screeches her protests, and Bel snickers. She may be full of defiance now, but he can break her of that. Just like training a puppy not to piss in the house. “On the contrary. Unless someone else can take you, you’re mine. You belong to Belgarath.”

Don’t worry, pet. You’ll have some friends to share in your torment soon. Hopefully.

Bel isn’t nice. He doesn’t play fair, and he never will. And while he used to engage in banter with others, he really just finds this stallion tiresome. So when he kicks at the ice cage, Bel commands more ice shards to grow sideways from the cage, creating a horizontal barrier as well. Go on, try to get closer. The shards were unevenly spaced, and poking out at nonuniform angles, but do you really want to try and test his aim some more?

The more ice present, the more fear present. They’d have to take out Bel to get rid of it all. They’d have to cross ice and master their own dread of death. But hey, Belgarath loves a challenge.

“I do believe we’re done here. Gentlemen… if you’ll excuse me, I need to whisk my prize off to somewhere secure.”

BELGARATH
    No mercy to what we are doing, no thought to what we have done
    No need to feel the sorrow, no remorse for the helpless one
    Nier made a move then, as she watched. He disappeared for a moment, then appeared at Belgarath's side, snapping his jaws and snarling something she couldn't quite hear. He was showing her a softer side now - he could protect her when she needed it, although she'd never admit she needed help. He wasn't as soul-less as he'd first appeared, and she was really starting to wish she'd not strung him along for such a long time, was starting to wish that she'd gone with him now. The lesser of two evils!

Belgarath snapped back at Nier viciously as her would-be savior kicked out hard at the icy prison which was growing around her. His hooves cracked it, the sound a dense smash, but the walls stood strong. She heard him call out something about thinking of warmth and warm places so she squeezed shut her eyes and thought of the summer beyond this ice that surrounded her. So warm and inviting... she tried to steady her breaths and herself. The shaking made her feel and look weak, and she was angry at herself for getting into such a mess. That warmed her up more than anything else.

As Nier dodged out of the way, shards and icicles shot outwards from the previously smooth walls, and Ynilla whinnied to Nier, trying to stretch her neck and see over the top. He was barely more than a stranger, but she found that she was worried that he'd gotten hurt. After all, he was risking his own life to try and free hers. There was no more he could do though, and she didn't want him to go and get killed for her. She would have to do what was needed and bide her time, waiting for an opportunity for escape... or even a rescue?