• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

antlers and horns and scales [longclaw/any]

Bound for trouble from the start
    I've been walking through this old world in the dark

The bear senses something that puzzles it, something that makes it wrinkle it’s snout and tap it’s claws thoughtfully against the stark white bones of it’s cage. It’s enough to make the chestnut stallion sober up from his love drunk fog, enough to keep him on his toes. Perhaps it’s the way the blue light casts strange shadows across their faces, wicked and devilish. Perhaps it’s because the flickering orb twists their smiles into something that seems a little more malicious, less innocent. Perhaps it’s something else entirely, something the bear within him (created of magic) can sixth sense that he cannot.

The smile lingers on his lips but it seems more tense, lips pressed more firmly together. The golden flecks of his good eye catching in the pale light, suddenly guarded. ”Welcome Ajatar.” He dips his muzzle slightly as he speaks, following their gaze to the looming dark shadow that grumbles with molten crimson at it’s top. ”Longclaw.” Another slight nod of his muzzle as that guarded gaze lingers a little longer on him. While he was not familiar with all of Tephra’s residents, he did know Warrick and was part of the Guard himself. It was odd that they had not met before.

The pun is not lost on him as he shifts the object of such mockery once more to the shadows, casting it a rather pensive look. To hide the disappointment and irritation that was stirring within him. The long claw marks that raked across the empty socket reflecting silver in the cool brightness of Longclaw’s power. When he has pushed most of his feelings down, trusting himself to look back, his own dark eye narrows and hardens. The bear within him stirs as he makes direct contact with the wolf like eyes of Longclaw, predator sensing predator. ”As tempting as that invitation is, I’ve never had much desire to see it for myself.” Unable to break away from the shimmering indigo stallion, Ajatar slightly forgotten beside him. ”I’m… Not really a fan of the heat.” Speaking for the beast within who snuffles and pushes with agitation against his ribcage, wanting to get out.

Ledger

Messages In This Thread
    RE: antlers and horns and scales [longclaw/any] - by Ledger - 09-05-2017, 09:29 PM