• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

{felt a lost place to call my home

In these eyes - time simply fleeted. My focus was bleak to everything as it all lacked passion. My aloof state was exposed with every directionless step I took; closer and closer to somewhere. My naive hope longed to reach - somewhere.

This stark white flesh of mine neglected to dim as the moon's light relentlessly streamed through the night. The glow was noticed in my peripheral vision as my royal awe wandered into the contrasting darkness. The shadow engulfed my mind with memory, I know I am awake, but I swear this feeling a dream. Soft pink lips parted from their perfect alignment for a light exhale. I could not justify the reason, but words took hold of the air I had tried letting go,

I bless you for the road that you go..

My movement found rest as I required a look around. Could anyone hear me? There was nothing and it was surprisingly displeasing to notice. This feeling of isolation should be familiar, but tonight it haunts me. I had not tread into a dream but a nightmare of reality without those I had once loved. I was told secret angels will test one's will, but, have mercy on my repented soul. It was not I who chose this.

Once a wintery draft accosted the edges of my perfectly sculpted body - these thoughts of loneliness were carelessly swept away. The chill numbed my flesh and mind; its pull tangling the vine above - causing the light that once highlighted me to spit like embers. I simply stood still as my solo appearance fell beneath the quiet and grim shades of night. It was oddly comforting how my figure melted into the blackness - is this how it is to not exist

Just pull the trigger, I'll take the pain
    I'll be the villain, just play the game

Her skin still smelled of sea water. There were small crystals still attached to the splattered mess of a pelt she sported. The winter coat had done a fair job at keeping the cold but the bitter breeze still bit into her sides. Asp had crossed the salty sea for the dream of simply being left alone, and yet, here she was, the field covered in scents of other horses. Tribes. The air was thick with something that she couldn't quiet place. Fire maybe? She shakes her coat once more to try in vain to be dry. There would never be a time when Asp would be considered beautiful. Exotic? Sure. Odd? Sure. A curiousity? Very much so. There was no blending into the dark for her or blending into really anything. The summer trees did not hide her spots. The winter snows did not hide the ruddy chestnut or the sun-bleached hair.

She ambled quietly, just simply minding her own business and suddenly a voice seems to bless her. Her ears immediately pin back, her face tightens. She squeals for a moment, and spins on her haunches ready for some righteous creature who somehow thinks they could convince her to walk a path different than her own. But quickly her anger turns to smolder, the brown eyes narrow under the slightly angled horn. Instead seemed a mare made from the moonlight, delicate and decidedly feminine. So much the opposite of the damp, battle tested creature in front of her.

Asp decides that she was good enough to engage with, having few other options that seemed awake at this hour. "It would seem we're both on the same road." A rough voice comes from her mouth, hardened with years and dusted with disuse. A haggard thing really, poor Asp. "...far from home." She adds, almost to herself. But where was home now? Burnt to the ground, nothing but cinders and ash. Home was a bittersweet memory where her oddly patterened coat and horn dictated her as a strong warrior. Here she was no one, and nobody. Here she would build herself once more, dark like the thoughts in her mind. She watches the pale creature before her, wondering if her disposition matched the angelic one before her...or if there was something more sinister beneath the moonlight.

@[aglæca]

Θuija

In the darkness of night he drifts.  A nightwalker.  It is the only time he will explore the open lands.  Otherwise he sticks to the shadows of the cracks and crevices.  Tonight was chilled as winter crept farther up the spine of Beqanna.  It's entangled grasps seeping farther and farther into her core.  He shuddered slightly before casting crimson gaze out onto the field.  

The glow of moonlight luminated anything with a pale hue.   His own scattered across his rump.  It brought his attention to a form in the open.  The entirety radiated like a beacon of sorts.  Wicked lips curled to a grin as he stepped towards the creature.  Blackened horns thrusted forward in curiousity.  The grasses here crackled under hoof so he softened his step.  The jackal crept closer.  Soon to notice another slightly darker form gathered near.  The stallion ceased his advancement to watch for a moment.  Gauging the intentions of the meeting.  Seems they are just a pair of outcasts.  Perfect he hisses under breath.  And so he continues towards them.

"Perhaps I can assist..." a menacing whisper emits from his throat.  Crimson eyes burning brightly in the dark of night.  Examining the moonlight mare then the horned creature.  A grin creases his ebony lips to reveal pearly whites.   

Wanna play a game?

tantalize

I will try to hold you up

Through those times you are gone

You won’t do this alone

While she has been added to the ranks, her decision to stay in Nerine was not final and written in stone. She was trying on the kingdom, seeing how it fit. The humidity of Tephra (and it’s brooding leader) was still appealing despite her growing affection for the ocean. Her stay on the coast had been pretty low key, uneventful for the most part. She had only laid eyes on it’s ruler once during a brief meeting but she still was unsure of Nerine’s intentions, what the goal end was.

Still she was considered a part of the kingdom and would never want to be seen as a freeloader. With a stretch of feathery wings as dark as night, she throws herself into the salty air and heads inland. It doesn’t take her long to reach the field and instantly spots two mares being approached by a dark stallion with red eyes. It’s the stallion that brings back a flood of memories, it reminds her of Cross and of her despicable half brother Gryffen. There had been whispers of Gryffen but she was unaware of his rise to power, unaware yet of what had happened to Taiga. Even more cruel was that her father, back from the dead with his memories lost, stood at the opposite end of the Field. Both blissfully unaware of the other.

Ouija is menace itself and folding her own wings tightly to her side, her jaguar dappled figure quickly makes it’s way towards them. ”Or perhaps not.” Her stern reply as she comes to a halt behind the stallion, golden eyes narrowed and cool as she regards them all. ”How exactly did you plan on assisting them if I may ask? We are all so curious to know.”  

I recycled part of this post cuz I'm lazy haha

My eyes were closed as I endured the dark. With every second I grew a stronger dependence to this silent repose. The seconds turned into minutes, and the minutes - slipped from my ability to track into hours. Time was distilled in my dormant state.

There was a ticking sound. It ticked and dabbled the nonsense that was around me. But a stupid branch wouldn't break itself? No. Something would break it. My inactive state swiftly concluded for my view to greet it. After all, didn't I ask for something? My thoughts screamed my desperation for a little company. This thing must have read my mind.

My eyes grasped a serrated thing that pointed directly at me. In my startled awe - the sapphire in my eyes swelled into oceans; yet my body stilled and anchored in place. I never had a fight or flight response. It was always stay.

”You are not from my home…”

My words slipped from my soft pink lips - every tune was like fine silk fibers muddied against the heinous knots of my company's voice.

I was eased with more observation of the creature but I shouldn't admit too much in thought. This horned beast could divulge this. It could..aggress the moment my mind expresses trust. I wonder if it is trying my thoughts now? Without another audible word..I have decided to stare at it. Let it speak of what I am thinking.

We were interrupted. The perfectly outlined white of my flesh deluded from my insides as it rippled. I was flawed in credit to the figures that orbited us in the black of night. The blues in my eyes escaped as my pupils hunted for the others. Without looking to my spiked company, Do you see them?.

I had to imagine I am in a dream. It was a rather fast exchange of creatures revealing themselves. In addition to my mind reading horn - I am now in the company of a red eyed blackly monster and a winged female with legs that tapered into detail that I have only witnessed on that of a feline. My attention was steady to the bloodied sheen of the male's awe. It was a disturbing how it crept into the blue of my stare  - the contrast calmed the initial intimidation that affected me (or maybe it was the sudden intervention of the winged lady).

There was an obvious air about the winged female and dark brute. They knew each other in a chilling way as her words immediately cut into the space between us all. In silence, I stood eager for the male’s remark. My stark white hair hushed against the skin of my neck that was now intact without any breakouts of fright. Without looking to the horned female, my weight simply shifted as I tested its telepathy once more... could he assist us?.

Just pull the trigger, I'll take the pain
    I'll be the villain, just play the game

Asp had no magical powers from which to hear anyone's thoughts but her own overly cautious, sometimes twisted ones. And she supposed the ribbed horn that grew from her face. Still, the way the mare looked at her with all the curiosity and perhaps the smallest amount of fear put Asp on edge. Her ears flicked back and she shifted her weight in an effort to shake the odd feeling that crept over her. The brown eyes narrowed just slightly and she snorted towards the moonlight mare. "No, I am not. But your home is no longer home...my home is no longer my home. We are here now...wherever here is..." Her voice drifted off as the sight of another appaloosa emerged from the shadows.

She watched this new stallion, shifting her stance to meet him head on instead of giving him any sort of opportunity for anything too devious. Pointy end towards the newcomers. Asp knew how to use the weapon that was mounted in front of her face, make no mistake about that. He was too quiet, almost as if he was hiding from someone or something. Again Asp's ears flick back, this time staying back demonstrating her annoyance and her distrust of the spotted black creature. There was something laughing at them all in those crimson eyes, with a voice that dripped with venom instead of friendliness. Asp could feel herself drawn to it, and yet repulsed all in the same large breath.

Yet before Asp could address the stallion that made her tingle and her thoughts run ragged, another appears. Almost as silently as the stallion. She snorted, wondering if this land ran some sort of game with newcomers. Torture them first to see who would survive? Well, Asp would not shrink from a blow but would come back with ten. Let them test her. She watches this new mare adjust her wings, her spotted legs reflecting in the moonlight that she held more in common with a leopard than a horse. But who was she to judge? Already there was a mare who attracted moonlight to her like the moon attracted moths. A slithery spotted demon with eyes that glowed in the dark like a rabid dog.

Annoyed with the lack of knowing who exactly she was dealing with all the way around, Asp almost growls, "I would like to know precisely what both of you think you can offer, since you seemingly would like nothing more than to address the fact that neither of us have homes." She looks at Ouija in that moment, staring head on the red eyed demon. She then shifts her gaze towards the mare, "And you seem more intent on foiling his plans than any true interest in us. Perhaps we'll leave you to whatever vendetta you have against him." She spoke for the moonlight mare, if only because she appeared to have frozen in fear? Disbelief? Asp wasn't sure but the way the mare kept looking towards her developed a feeling of protection in Asp. It was a rusty feeling, but one that she recognized.

@[aglæca]
    @[ouija]
    @[tantalize]

(Sorry, I thought Aglaeca's first post was her talking because....I apparently don't read so well. Just to be clear, Asp has no telepathic powers)

Θuija

They were right to be weary.  Nothing of him would make anyone feel immediately at ease.  The stillness of his movements, the blood red of his eyes, the slight cackle with each breath.  It was all a skilled trade he had mastered over the years.  Perfected and exercised.  It put on edge many, time and time again.  He had no ill mannered intentions... Not this time. 

That is until another is approaching with judgemental words.  He hadn't been able to introduce himself or propose his offer before the other joined.  Another curious creature who smelled of brine.  His eyes turned to meet hers as he stepped forward cutting off her path to join them.  His frame was tall and lean.  Lacking of feathers or horns.  The usual grin on his lips flattened as he addressed her, "Well hello to you too."  The red of his eyes burning brighter now.  "I was about to offer these two lovely ladies a place to stay until you so rudely interrupted," his words dripped of venom.  Eyes narrowed in discontent at the mare, briefly.  

With a sudden twist of his head he looked back to mares he had happened upon.  Ignoring the comments of the half horse.  A slick smile now forming as his eyes scanned the moon lit mare.  She seemed a tad uneasy but settled somewhat.  Then a glance to the horned mare, who seemed a bit more suspicious.  Now turning his front end to greet them head on, his back completely turned to the winged one.  If she should do anything hostile at least his more powerful end was present.  "So sorry.  I am Ouija.  You both look as though you could use a place to call home, yes?" He questions them but has assumed he is correct.  Why else would anyone be here in the field.  With his attention focused on the two mares he only briefly tips an ear to the intruder.  He figures she wasn't one to be ignored...for long.

Wanna play a game?

tantalize

I will try to hold you up

Through those times you are gone

You won’t do this alone

The white mare (seemingly delicate) is silent in the face of their appearance. The other horned and spotted mare, not so much. She is indignant, full of venomous and entitled words. The jaguar mare gazes at her, her look hard and penetrating. It is almost with a hint of amusement she responds before the red eyed stallion can ask his question. ”What do you have to offer us, why should we want YOU in our homes?” Comes the terse response, narrowing on the unicorn. ”Obviously you are homeless or else you wouldn’t be here. Being new, I would think you would want someone to intercept on your behalf seeing how you are unaware of how this place works, how they work.” Her dark muzzle pointing to Ouija. ”Unless that’s your intention, to be taken advantage of. By all means I can’t stop you.” She has little time for foolish antics and stupidity.

The quieter of the two she assumes is the smarter, observing instead of lashing out in haste. Forcing herself to calm the prickling hairs on the back of her neck, the dappled jaguar mare nods at her quietly then focuses back on the red eyed stallion. ”Good thing I did, I know your type well enough.” Her expression unreadable even as her unwavering gaze lingers on the male. There’s a scent of moss and forest that clings to him… And something else that she can’t quite place.

Deciding to ignore him for the present, she moves past him so that his rear is no longer positioned towards her as she addresses the two mares again. Her thick feathery wings unfurling slightly, making her look slightly larger. ”I’m Tantalize, from Nerine. A coastal kingdom primarily made up of mares.” It would be too hard to describe what Nerine was in the wake of what Beqanna had been. A remnant of what the Amazons had once been, strong mares that needed only themselves. ”I’m here to extend an invitation to see if you would like to visit and make it your home.” A slight pause, refusing to acknowledge the stallion. ”It’s much safer then staying here.” Hard to refuse logic when it’s presented so matter of factly in front of you.