• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Look What You Made Me Do || ANY THAT LEFT TAIGA
    Jah-Lilah
    someday, we will foresee obstacles
    I could lift you up...

The mare was filled with dread. She wouldn't, couldn't lose another lover. As the land of Taiga was drowned, she grew increasingly agitated. How long had passed, seconds, minutes, hours, days? She couldn't stomach it any more. Just as soon as she steeled herself to go in after them, suddenly a tearing sound and a watery apparition beside her. Circinae! Corvus! Jah half-reared and cries out in relief. Circinae screams a request and a demand all rolled into one and Jah-Lilah no longer has it in her to argue. They disappear into watery nothingness again but not before Jah-Lilah has their trail.

My child of the moon makes a break for it. She lunges from zero to one hundred in the blink of an eye, a trail of electricity behind her, singeing the wilting Earth. She closes her eyes and runs, and runs, and runs. She stretches her legs out so far and so fast, she thinks her heart will burst with each stride she takes. She reaches the river and launches herself across it, making it halfway in a single bound. She desperately wades across, hits the other side and is back in stride. Her lungs burn, her chest is on fire, but she must make it to them, she will not fail another mate. Her determination drives her, spurs her on like an invisible rider.

Just when Jah-Lilah thinks her legs can carry her frame no more, she sees them. Her mate and her adopted child. Her face softens and a wave of relief washes over her. Tears stream down her face in joy, she is overcome with emotion. She nears them and pulls up to a lope, then slides to a halt only a stone's throw away from them. She hops, skips, and is upon the pair. She whinnies joyously, nipping at Corvus' goldenrod rump, swinging her dome around to roughly bump and nuzzle him, squealing. She then piaffes excitedly to Circinae, muscles coiling and springing, all energy renewed when she sees half of her family. She shoves her nose up under Circinae's chin and then jaw, nosing her and sniffling at her in disbelief. They'd made it, her beautiful, perfect, sea-foam mate was safe and sound. She wraps her neck tightly around the mare, making soft cooing and whining noises. She was so thankful, so grateful, they had made it out, escaped the desolation that had so quickly engulfed their home. She was breathless, the words barely came to her as she spoke.

"Wolf-of-the-Water...my rock! You made it, I was...I was so worried! And Corvus, oh Corvus!" She whinnied and kicked her heels up, channeling her excess energy. "What of the others? Are they alright?" She scans the other mare's face, seeking answers. That's when she sees him. The white wolf, he is nearer than he's ever been she pins her ears and protectively moves to place herself between her mate and the alabaster stallion. He's smaller than she'd originally thought, but some how that makes him more sinister, at least on first glace. A couple other of his followers mill about, but Jah-Lilah's only concern currently is her small family group.

...I can show you what you want to see.

@[Circinae]  @[Corvus]  @[Gryffen]

Messages In This Thread
    Look What You Made Me Do || ANY THAT LEFT TAIGA - by Gryffen - 08-30-2017, 03:10 PM
    RE: Look What You Made Me Do || ANY THAT LEFT TAIGA - by Jah-Lilah - 08-30-2017, 04:41 PM
    RE: Look What You Made Me Do || ANY THAT LEFT TAIGA - by Thana - 08-30-2017, 10:00 PM
    RE: Look What You Made Me Do || ANY THAT LEFT TAIGA - by Circinae - 08-31-2017, 09:52 AM
    RE: Look What You Made Me Do || ANY THAT LEFT TAIGA - by Gryffen - 08-31-2017, 01:16 PM