• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Look What You Made Me Do || ANY THAT LEFT TAIGA
    look what you made me do.
    One by one they find their way out. One by one, they gather in a small semi circle on the forest border. The howls and screaming have faded but they all know there is no going back. Not now at least. Loey is first and he can see her conflicting emotions, so apparent in the dark pools of her eyes. She wants to blame him and yet she doesn’t instead asking what the next step was. What indeed? He remains silent for a moment, shuffling through his many plans and ideas. ”Calm yourself.” He growls softly as he thinks and plots and schemes. ”We must regroup my silver friend.”

He is slightly distracted however for his gaze remains on the burning and suffocating Tiaga. She should have joined them by now. It bothers him how he keeps looking for her, his two toned bluebird. Perhaps she hadn’t been in Taiga when it had been destroyed, perhaps she was causing mayhem somewhere else. A flash of irritation in the depths of red, it shouldn’t matter if she’s alive or dead. None of them should matter. And yet he can’t help but keep flicking his gaze expectantly at each face that joins them.

A feathered mare that pins her ears and glares at him followed shortly by the green mare he had been doubtful of, still suspicious. He had assumed she had been close to Ruan and wonders what she now thinks of them all. Would they all blame him? Or would they see the true reason their home was gone? It doesn’t matter either way. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Kingdoms rise and fall. His female companion breaks his thoughts, confirming them in a way. A soft chuckle at her pertinent dismay. ”Don’t think much of the old man do you? He has his uses.” A pause as she flashes silver eyes at him, looking at them all. ”Perhaps. Perhaps I helped destroy Taiga. Although that kingdom was slowly wasting away into nothing long before I got there.” The corner of his lip curling with animosity. ”Taiga would still be standing if my warnings had been heeded.” They could place their blame wherever they wished, wherever it made them feel better. Truth was truth, no matter how ugly.

Whatever else he may have said is forgotten as he spots the one he had been looking for. She is injured but her gaze is just as fierce and hard for him as it had been that day when she had reveled in blood and brain matter. The others don’t seem to matter as he instantly moves to meet her, his expression just as hard as hers. A sharp nip to her neck, muzzle running along the length of her mane as he presses a very hard and firm kiss to her poll. His bluebird had returned. With his focus restored, he settles beside her and allows her to remove the debris he had taken with him from the river.

Thana had apparently overheard their conversation, full of the fire and wit he had come to expect from her. What now…. What now indeed. It’s with some surprise that it’s Circinae who responds. Glittering iris’s fall on her as she steps forward, something different in her approach. He hadn’t missed the way the two mares had affectionately reunited, a little nugget of information he tucks in with the rest of the files. His name comes off her lips, lacking the anger he had assumed would be there. Determination in her face. A slight nod of his head as he slips from Thana’s grasp and stands before her. The rubies of his iris’s begin to sparkle as he makes contact with her, pulling from her everything that she truly desired most in her heart. He glimmers and shifts before her until only the two of them are able to see what he has become. To everyone else he is still the wraith of a stallion, flicking his tail calmly against his hocks.

Her desire plays before him like a movie reflected off his own body. And when it ends, she is smiling. And so is he in that familiar wolfish way. We rebuild, however we see fit. ”I agree.” He is himself again before her and he looks to them all through the twisted damp tresses of his forelock. ”For now we stay here… For those that wish to stay. But believe me…” A glance at Loey, then Thana, before finally settling back on Circi. ”We are far from done.”

Gryffen

Messages In This Thread
    Look What You Made Me Do || ANY THAT LEFT TAIGA - by Gryffen - 08-30-2017, 03:10 PM
    RE: Look What You Made Me Do || ANY THAT LEFT TAIGA - by Thana - 08-30-2017, 10:00 PM
    RE: Look What You Made Me Do || ANY THAT LEFT TAIGA - by Circinae - 08-31-2017, 09:52 AM
    RE: Look What You Made Me Do || ANY THAT LEFT TAIGA - by Gryffen - 08-31-2017, 01:16 PM