• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  dream higher than the sky [any]
    caelondia . 3 . mare . blind

Caelon walked carefully through the fields, each step slow and deliberate. She could hear the wind, the water, and the other equines around her, although she couldn't decide where to go, or if she could go alone. Then again, she didn't suppose she had anyone to go with. The mares memories of a past were foggy and fragmented, all she really had was a name and a longing for water.

so, thats where she wandered, picking up her pace slightly, following the distant sound of rushing water. she wasn't sure what exactly it was that drew her in this direction, or why, but it seemed like a good enough start in an unfamiliar terrority.

once she was close enough to the lake and the waterfall above it she stopped, and simply breathed in the fresh water smell. It was soothing, and pulled her closer, closer.

Too close.

And like that, before she knew it, the leopard mare was surrounded by the rushing cold. she could barely comprehend which was up, and was lost in not knowing which direction would take her towards land fastest. her only saving grace was that she could swim - though right now it was only in circles, getting so close to land and not knowing before giving up and changing direction. from the outside looking in she might have been crazy, or just enjoying a nice dip in the lake.
    Nothing was like a quiet peaceful autumn day. You could say Autumn was the cream colored stallions favorite time of year and today he had chosen to enjoy it by exploring Beqanna. He had traveled back from Loess towards the neutral lands and after a short walk through the forest he had found himself in the land of the homeless.

Though there wasn't much to look at, the splash of an equine body hitting water is what catches his attention first. Coming to a stop his ears prick forward, his gray eyes tracing the land that spread out in front of him. But he is not close enough to the lake. He can't see her splashing and struggling as she swam. Not yet. So he begins to walk, his nose tilted up as he catches the scent of the water until finally he comes upon the lake.

It doesn't take long for the sound of the spotted mares splashing to lead him to her - or well close to her, as instead of dragging himself into the water he stays on land, not quite sure what the other was up to. For a moment he watches before finally calling out to her. "Are you purposely swimming in circles or do you need some sort of assistance? I don't want to get into that water if I don't have to." With a soft shrug he tilts his head slightly to the left, ears turning slightly as he observes her awkward nature and waits for a response.
    K A K A S H I
    winged smokey cream akhal-teke stallion
    currently living within the loess lingdom

To say Caelon was bored with this whole swimming thing would be a massive understatement - her legs ached and her nose and throat burned from the water she inevatbly swalllowed. she began wondering what it would be like to drown, was it not peaceful? Would anyone even notice if the no-name, no-home mare had perished?

Well, apparently atleast ONE person would. She heard the stallions voice just barely over the water, and used the last of her energy to focus, follow the sound. As things would turn out, she was never really that far from the dry land. How embarrasing. She clambered up unto the grass, with all the grace on bambi on ice, before simply letting her body fall into the grass.

Caelon let out a heavy, relived sigh, before turning her head to face the stallion. Well, almost - her guessing was a little off so it appeared as she was staring off at something behind him. "Everything's fine! Well, I mean, everything's cold and I'm rather tired, but...." she trailed, her body swaying with the breezee before she caught her balance again. she felt weak.
    The wind is just barely beginning to pick up, twisting the hairs of his mane and forelock across his face as he watches the mare. It's only when she takes notice and moves towards him that he takes a few quick steps back, allowing her the room she'd need in order to climb onto solid ground. It's only when she tumbles up and onto the grass that he blinks quickly and takes a hesitant step towards her. "Hey, careful now.." His voice is deep and rolling as he watches over the mare nervously.

It's been has been a long time since he had seen someone that was so gentle and fragile. In all honesty, she almost reminded him of the long legged yearlings that were awkward and lacking grace as the tumbled and stumbled around their newly gained heights. For a moment he continues to watch her in silence, nodding slightly when she finally stands and without a thought stepping towards her when she sways. Within moments his body is pressed next to hers as he helps hold her up, his left wing pressed gently inbetween them.

"Careful, I don't want you to fall," and he means it. He doesn't need her taking a tumble and hurting himself when he was the only one in sight. If only he knew she was blind. At that point he probably would have had a heart attack seeing her swimming around in the water,though still this is an unknown fact. Which was probably for the best, for now - simply because he didn't need another reason to panic just yet. "I'm glad you're okay, but what in the world were you doing out there in the first place?" He takes a step closer, being sure to prop her up fully. "I'm Kakashi, by the way."
    K A K A S H I

"Im probably fine, really." She spoke with a soft chuckle, although she wasn't sure if it was him or herself she was trying to convince of this. She was embarrassed, definitely, but mostly cold. And Damp. And cold...

She shivered slightly when the stallion moved to be close to her, mostly out of  surprise and partially from confusion. She could feel something although she couldn't quite picture to herself what. It wasn't his body, surely? Or, it was, just another part of it? Whatever it was, it felt softer, almost feathered? She thought to question it, but also didn't want to make a fool of herself to the first person she met.

"I wont fall." She spoke quietly, her voice soft and chirpy. Caelon was just one of those speakers who always sounded happy, even though currently she was more uneasy than anything. "Ka-ka-shi.." she said the name slowly, thinking it over. It was different, unlike ones she'd heard where she was from, but it had a nice sound to it. "I was just, wandering, and I thought the water was much further away than it was so... I suppose I tripped." She laughed again, realizing how foolish she probably sounded. Caelon had a habit of forgetting that others could actually see things. She never has, so the thought rarely occurred to her.

"Oh, my names Caelondia. Or, Caelon for short." She smiled, turning her head to hopefully become face to face with the stallion. She lost her bearings on where they were faced when she felt the wings, so there was a good chance she was looking off in the wrong direction entirely.
    "I just want to make sure. You seem awfully tired and cold." His words are kind as he replies to her constant assurance she was fine. It wasn't often that he found himself being as kind as he was being, but something about the spotted mare pulled it out of him without much realization. He keeps himself pressed against her side, unwilling to move no matter how much she pressed on about how well she was. He knew his dry body and the heat it was producing would help give her a sort of warmth that she wouldn't receive until she was fully dry.

It's only when she assures him that she won't fall that he shifts his weight slightly away from her, allowing the large wing of his that was pressed between them to stretch upward and then over and around her small frame. "Well then let's focus on keeping you warm until you dry off," he smiles slightly, though a bit awkwardly as he notes the kind and happy nature in her voice. He listens as she pronounces his name slowly and carefully and with a silent chuckle he nods in approval. "That's perfect. You're one of the first to get it right on the first try."

He knew he had quite a different name and he too had yet to meet another with one just as unusual. Though it looked like that was about to change - quite soon in fact. Though when she starts to speak again he is pulled from his thoughts, an eye glancing in her direction as she explains her accidental dip in the lake. For a moment confusion drifts across his face and then suddenly the realization hits him. She couldn't see. It was the only possible explanation for such a simple misstep that could and would have been easily avoided had she been able to see the bank in front of her.

But because she doens't mention her lack of eyesight, he does not either. Instead he nods once more before allowing his voice to slip through his lips once more. "I can see how a mistake like that could be made... Don't worry though, it happens. Thankfully you are safe now." There's a smile at the end of his words, a kindness he would usually struggle to provide. It seems like for once he wouldn't have to try to be a full-on gentleman.

This land seemed to have an effect on him that his home had not. Maybe here was where he'd make his mark. Maybe for once he'd finally have a reason to stay and not continue searching for that right place to call home. If anything, maybe it would be those he met, like this mare and the stallion in Loess, that kept him here. "Well Caelondia, It's nice to meet you." He doesn't trip over her name simply because of the fact that his name was also an unusual one. Though when she turns her head she is suddenly very close to his chin and with a slight chuckle he nudges her cheek with her nose slightly, encouraging her to move her head a bit back. He was afraid if she kept it where it were that he'd smack her face with his chin were he to move just right.

"So, I have to ask.. Before falling into the water, were you here in the land of the homeless to find a place you could call your home?"
    K A K A S H I

"I suppose I am a little. Nothing a nap wouldn't fix, I'm sure." Caelon checked as she spoke, somehow amused by the idea of a mid day nap. Sometimes she felt like such an old mare, often being so tired despite her youth. Something about walking into things and tripping made her tired. She was a silly little thing, after all, and could probably trip herself up on air.

Speaking of air - She had decided that, for some reason or another, the stallion next to her was definitely winged. She wasn't sure how, or why this was even possible, but she accepted it quietly. For all she knew, she could have encountered many like him before and simply not been able to notice.

"Where I was from, I think, we had odd names too. But most who I encounter now think mine has too mane A's, and E's, or something... But you got it perfect!" She laughed at this, sounding almost a little too cheerful. It was a rarity for her to interact with someone who could say it right without a little teaching first. "And the pleasures mine, I'd probably still be swimming in circles otherwise."  And she meant it, although she was aware that she probably would have accepted drowning after a while. But she's pulled away again from her watery thoughts, both by being nudged and the question. She blinked a few times, a little embarrassed once again as she pulled her head back. "Home, huh..." She spoke slowly this time, pondering over the thought. She hadn't put much consideration to the matter. "If I'm honest, I haven't thought about it."

She went quiet for a few moments, seemingly deep in thought about something. /when she spoke next, some of the cheer seemed gone from her voice "I can't imagine a lot of folk would want someone such as me around"