• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  You Can't Fight Fate [Any] [No Sylva]
    As Ivar began to tell Zhenga of his own adventures after he'd departed his foal hood home, she couldn't help but notice the excitement in his voice. Clearly, the young stallion had quite a fun time being out, away from Sylva, and having the chance to make his own shot at life. He first tells her of his time in Tephra, though, like Zhenga's, it seems to have been a short period due to its unnatural temperatures and sweltering fog layer.

Zhenga hadn't told Ivar this, but she'd also paid a visit to the Tephra in order to visit Sirana. Last time she'd gone back to Sylva to pay a visit to Eiria and Raxa, the golden mare had inquired on if Zhenga had heard any tales of another colored like her roaming one of Beqanna's other kingdoms. The roan filly originally didn't have anything of interest to say, but told her friend she'd keep her ears open as there was bound to be some juicy gossip in the Field.

Sure enough, one day, she heard of a golden mare residing in the Tephra, and journeyed there herself to see. Once she found and met up with Sirana, seeing that the mare was okay and happy where she was, fulfilling her jobs for the Tephra, Zhenga went back to Sylva and gave the news to Eiria and Anahi. It did little to lift the older golden mare's spirits, but enough that she was no longer in the same slump stage she had been since she learned of Archam's death.

Eiria had said she wished Sirana would return, but understood the need for space and simply wished her sister well on her new life and held onto hope that she'd one day visit. Bidding her friend and her dam farewell, Zhenga left Sylva again and went on the next leg of her journey, which she'd already told Ivar about.

The paint-colored stallion went on to say he'd been interested in Taiga, but in light of recent events he'd decided to move on to Ischia before ultimately picking Loess as his next destination. What he said next only served to peak Zhenga's interest more, since she'd never been to Loess really and was eager to check it out. Doing so with her foal hood friend would only make the journey more interesting.

Ivar seemed to stumble over his words as he told Zhenga his reason for visiting Loess, and the young filly did not fail to catch on here. Maybe it was unintentional, but she sure picked up on it and would not let this opportunity go to waste. The filly gave Ivar a rogue smirk, prancing around him again before moving to stand up close to him, by his left shoulder. She nudged him a bit and raised her eyebrows in a playful fashion, her grin changing to a downright mischievous smirk.

"A friend you say? Hmm, sure seems like it's a bit more than that if you ask me," she told him, a chuckle hanging on the end of her words. "My mom used to tell me the telltale signs of when a stallion likes a filly. It'd sure be nice to meet this friend of yours, and I haven't see Loess yet. Mind if I tagged along?" she inquired, the innocence in her voice completely betraying the rogue playfulness in her eyes.

Messages In This Thread
    You Can't Fight Fate [Any] [No Sylva] - by Zhenga - 08-30-2017, 09:19 PM
    RE: You Can't Fight Fate [Any] [No Sylva] - by Zhenga - 09-09-2017, 08:41 PM