• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Burst into Stars [Merida/Any]
    Kuma leans into the loving touch of her mother - a feeling she has not received in many moons. Her mother lips at her crimson tresses and the painted mare feels her heart swell with happiness. Love was not something she was accustomed to; the relationship she had had with her mother was fleeting and had ended too quickly. The memories were no longer there, save for the recollection of her dam's beautiful ebony face; so different from her own, but she would've known it either way.

"I've missed having a family," Kuma replies, nearly in a whisper. She towers over her mother, and she allows herself to pick at the soft red forelock upon her mother's head. She giggles at how much taller she is; it is funny to her that once upon a time, it was the other way around. 

"Please tell me you've been safe in your adventuring, Kuma." 

The sentence hangs in the air for a moment, as Kuma's eyes shift downwards. Her travels had been anything safe. Escaping Beqanna's lands during The Reckoning had left permanent scars on her heart; although they couldn't be seen to the world around her, they still ached. She takes a deep breath, then smiles at her mother, whose eyes are filled with the motherly worry she has so desperately missed. 

"I have been okay mom. I promise." She lies, smiling gently.

@[Merida]

Messages In This Thread
    Burst into Stars [Merida/Any] - by Kuma - 08-31-2017, 04:38 PM
    RE: Burst into Stars [Merida/Any] - by Merida - 09-01-2017, 04:11 PM
    RE: Burst into Stars [Merida/Any] - by Kuma - 09-02-2017, 01:39 AM
    RE: Burst into Stars [Merida/Any] - by Merida - 09-03-2017, 05:40 PM
    RE: Burst into Stars [Merida/Any] - by Kuma - 09-06-2017, 09:56 AM
    RE: Burst into Stars [Merida/Any] - by Merida - 09-16-2017, 01:40 PM
    RE: Burst into Stars [Merida/Any] - by Kuma - 09-16-2017, 09:06 PM
    RE: Burst into Stars [Merida/Any] - by Merida - 09-19-2017, 03:34 PM
    RE: Burst into Stars [Merida/Any] - by Kuma - 09-20-2017, 09:27 PM