• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Concrete Angel

All he remembers in leaping into the air.  His sister down below.  As he jumps from the rock she looks at him.  No, she screams.  She is running, falling then...there is a flash of light.  It is beautiful.  Blindingly so...

Now he is weightless.  
    Flying above as they gather.  His father, with tears in his eyes nudges me... Me?! How can I see myself below?  They are sorrowful.  The lifeless me lies at their feet.  He now knows.  

A dragging force is pulling him.  He cannot stay here with his family.  He must move on.  To another world after this life.
    Goodbye, he whispers to his family

'Till we meet again...

RIP
    Spring Year 191 to Winter Year 191

KAIODE

Diable Rouge
    >
    Death doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints, it takes and it takes and it takes. But we keep living anyway, we rise and we fall and we break and we make our mistakes. And if there's a reason I'm still alive when everyone who loves me as died, then I'm willing to wait for it...

Kaiode. My boy. My heart and soul. I will never forget the short time we spent together. You have given me a purpose I have never felt in my life. I will never forgive myself for not being able to save you, I just hope you can forgive me. You loved with all your heart, despite the circumstances of your short life. Do not be afraid, my boy. I have loved you since the moment I met you...rest peacefully, for your death was not in vain...until we meet again, little miracle.

in the eye of a hurricane, there is quiet.
    Jah-Lilah
    someday, we will foresee obstacles
    Christopher Robin and I walked alone...

The red mare had found the boy's broken body as she meandered through Beqanna, pondering the new downfall of Taiga. She didn't understand it, life so young snatched so quickly, but it wasn't her job to decipher the ways of the Earth-Mother anymore. She didn't know the boy, but she'd seen his story unfold, and she'd seen him around, trailing behind a strange one-eyed strawberry stallion. She remembered the day his mother had cast him out, and it made her furious. She held her tongue though, and allowed things to unfold the way they were supposed to. 

She pulled his sad little dark body up and drew a circle around it. She folded his legs neatly as if he was only sleeping in the sun that day, making sure his eyes were closed. She cleaned the seaweed and debris from his baby coat and spread his little tail behind him. She stepped back and looked, making sure he was positioned right. She then took a knee, bowing her head until her nose touched the sand, saying a prayer for the child, helping him find his way to the other side. She rose, shaking herself. She kisses the child on the forehead, then sighs, making her way back to the living.

...Under branches lit up by the moon.