• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You flee my dream come morning [Jah Lilah/Any]
    Jah-Lilah
    someday, we will foresee obstacles
    You could be my silver spring...

The red wytch had been struggling with her dreams for weeks now. Between The Underneath and the fall of Taiga, sleep had eluded her many nights. It was one on such night that she found herself dancing along the line of the border of Hyaline. It made her anxious. The last time she was here she was plagued by a shapeless beast, one who attempted to torment her even in the safe place of her mind. She had chanted a song to keep it away, but there was no rest for the wicked. My firefly was weary and weighed down by the death of Taiga. She was wary as she trekked down to the lake of Amet, afraid to see the haunting image of her ex-lover. She steeled herself, then meandered on through the trees to the water.

Her steps are halted when she sees another, clearly haunted by sleeplessness as well. The girl was beautiful, but had a loneliness about her that Jah immediately was drawn to. Jah-Lilah allows her electric feel to announce her presence, and proceeds to light up the night. She inhales, desperately seeking the scent of the mare, but another odor reaches her flared nostrils. This creature smells of him, smells of the beast from The Underneath. Jah-Lilah all but cries out in relief, she wasn't crazy, she wasn't dreaming. What had happened to her was, in fact, real. She half rears and dances in place, overjoyed to find a kindred spirit who had experienced what she did. She had her sneaking suspicions about Crevan, but the boy was shut tight ever since his father had returned. Their once-tight bond was strained, and she couldn't find the words to ask him about his new power and the scent that trailed him as it trailed her. She tosses aside her fears about being captured by the Dragon-King and whinnies, long and loud. Her soothsayer's voice rings out in the cool winter evening, a bright but frenzied greeting to the charcoal and silver equine.

...Blue, green colors flashing.

@[Ciri]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You flee my dream come morning [Jah Lilah/Any] - by Jah-Lilah - 09-06-2017, 06:00 PM